Dust under the lens of my LSL-ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danosaurus

Newly Enlightened
A few days back when Peter posted Arc's new return policy, that they no longer warranty lights for cosmetic reasons, I mentioned that my LSL-ST had some dust/lint under the lens. I finally got some pics to give y'all a better idea of what I'm talking about. First of all, I gently cleaned the lens to make sure there was no dust on the outside surface, so most of what you see here is on the inside. Those squiggly lines are lint, I think.

I know it doesn't affect the light's operation or performance, I guess it just kinda bugs me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

What do you guys think? Is this common?

Peter: Would it be possible to send this light in for a cleaning?

This is my first Arc and I have been very happy with it!

arc_dust001.jpg

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an idea that will get rid of the dust...

Why don't you send it to me and I'll replace that purplish LD with a nice Q3J and bump the current up a bit. Maybe add a fraen optic too. If you have been very happy with it the way it is, this should make you downright estatic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would think that this is indeed a cosmetic issue as far as Arc would be concerned, as it has no bearing on the light's functionality or output. Of course, that would be Peters call, not mine.

One question- You did you remove the clear plastic lens protector, didn't you?

Peter

Danosaurus

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I should have mentioned I did remove the plastic lens protector. Originally I was hoping the dust was just sandwiched between the lens and the plastic but...

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that does look like lint. Go ahead and send me an email so we can find out when you bought this.

Peter

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Those little squiggly things look like the little squiggly things I found in my new Excursion LS4. But I was easily able to remove them by unscrewing the bezel, removing the lamp assembly, and brushing them away with a Sima LensPen.
I know they didn't really affect the beam, but they were irritating to look at and know they were there when the flashlight was used. So I made a purposeful effort to get rid of them.

The little squiggly things and the dust in your Arc LS lens are equally irritating, and even more so because you can't easily disassemble the Arc to get rid of them.

Just my 2¢; your results may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.