Is anyone buying a Thumb?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have missed it, but after the initial flurry of discussion when the Thumb first came out, I have seen nothing else about it. No reviews, no questions, no purchase reports. Is anyone buying this light? And if so, why hasn't anyone bragged about it? I seriously considered getting one, but the last comment I saw about it talked about the head becoming loose, so I decided to wait to see if anyone else had that problem, or if any others cropped up.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one with a specific task in mind. I clip it on the front off my fly fishing vest or jacket. It shines the light straight into my hands as I tie flies onto the very fine tippet. The best dry fly fishing is at dusk & I have difficulty seeing fine tippers in daylight.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played with one at the knife shop and passed.
Just too cheap and plasticky for me and I like the tube and tip mostly too.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one. I'd say it's a specialty light. For a cop writing tickets, this would be good for a shirt pocket light. If you're reading at night and don't want bugs attracted to your face, I can see using it as well. However, the head doesn't have enough flex to aim at the ground from a pocket. It would make a decent light on a hat brim though (take off the keychain though or it's annoying). It's bulkier than the Tip and not nearly as bright or with as long of a runtime. I'd prefer if they put a bigger battery in it and get rid of the nearly useless dim red l.e.d.s. It's an okay light and it has it's uses, but honestly I'd rather have a Tip or Tip CRI.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I got one early on. I also think the red LEDS are useless. It does not stay straight either... keeps a bit of a bend.
Feels like it will break at the hinge eventually. I really like the Tip & tube however.