3x XM-L2 eBay Diving LED Flashlight Purchase / Need Battery Help

andrewsfm

Newly Enlightened
I've owned a UltraFire WF-501B I bought off eBay for a couple years now, and have been happy with it so far, but decided to take a chance on another flashlight I came across a couple weeks ago.

Seems to be the same one reviewed here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5OKUMLYsc

It requires 2x 18650, and I currently have 3 TrustFire 3000mAh Flame batteries which I rotate in my existing flashlight.
I purchased 1 initially, and then purchased 2 more down the road. (I have reason to believe that first one I bought is possibly fake, but it works.)

I'm not sure of the actual current requirements of the new flashlight, but I don't know if these batteries will be up to the task to be run safely in series and provide enough current.

XM-L2 LEDs are rated at 2000mA, with 3000mA being their upper limit. With 3 of them, that's somewhere between 6-9A.

I want to use protected cells, and have read posts on here for recommendations, determining that 2x protected NCR18650GA cells should fit the bill based on the above assumption, but can someone shine any light on whether or not I actually need to go buy new cells meeting such a high amperage requirement?

Last edited by a moderator:

scout24

Flashaholic
Hi there. I took the liberty of deleting your ebay link, with this being your first post and all it could be construed as trying to link to your own sale. The Youtube should help anyone inclined to assist with battery recommendations. Welcome to CPF!