A bit rusty with my German but this looks sehr gut! [emoji41]

hahoo

Enlightened
oh snap :eek:
now we just need the 4000 lumens, 1 mill lux, throw monster
then all will be good in the world :thumbsup:

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Hahoo don't push the thrower just yet. Lets dwell in the awesomeness of the tn42vn first. Next week will be fine .....:devil:
Not that i'm against progression

kj2

Flashaholic
Looks like the UI lets you step up/down with 500 lumens steps. Although that will give you a lot of steps, before you've a 'low' mode, I do like it. That way you can get the amount of light you really need. No something that's close to what you need.

proceed5

Enlightened
The UI looks interesting. Any mention of the LED being used in there ?

Beckler

Enlightened
Nice! Now the question is have they wasted that big display like the Nitecore TM26 does, or do they allow some useful functions, namely flashlight programmability and choosing display options. Also the +/- is reversed from what one would expect, no?

Capolini

Banned
Is 500 lumen progressions the only way to advance or retract output?

No double click to turbo?!! What about low or moonlight?!!!

If it is ONLY 500 LUMEN PROGRESSIONS THAT IS RIDICULOUS!

and Yes,,I am w/ hahoo,,,,,,,,absolutely feeble that Fenix has NOT kept up with the massive throwers,TN42[vn] or K70[vn]

My U21vn[260Kcd] has MORE output than the stock TK61[170Kcd] and look at the huge size difference!!!!:shakehead

What ever happened with the talk of a so called improved TK61 or some other version like it????

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
More pics and discussion in the German forum, here: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/fenix-tk72r.55076/

If head size is compact for its power, I am interested.

I will be keeping my eyes and ears open; I want to know how much bigger the head is than the head of the Manker MK34. (I am ordering the MK34vn in a few days)

I am shopping by power to head diameter ratio, throw is next in importance, switch/UI is least important to me.

kj2

Flashaholic
Is 500 lumen progressions the only way to advance or retract output?

No double click to turbo?!! What about low or moonlight?!!!

If it is ONLY 500 LUMEN PROGRESSIONS THAT IS RIDICULOUS!
Do think Fenix kept the shortcut to Turbo.
But a moonlight mode on this type of light? Don't get me wrong, moonlight modes are awesome, but I personally don't expect it on this size of light.

colight

Enlightened
Another interesting light from Fenix! Fortunately I think it will be a while yet before this may be produced, according to their Fb page, otherwise my wallet will not be very happy.

About the moonlight - I have to agree with kj2 that it may not be a reasonable expectation in this kind of light, but let's see what Fenix delivers.

Chaitanya

Banned
feels like a knock off of Nitecore's TM 26 lights. I would have liked to see XP-L(Hi) or XHP-35(Hi) in that lights instead of a flood monster.