Solarforce K3: Surprisingly Good.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
So, some of you know that I've looking for a 12v emitter to fit onto a 3x18650 body. I don't have that body yet but I do have a Solarforce 2x18650 body.

I managed quite a good deal on a Solarforce K3 head ( I know...it's blasphemy for a Malkoff junkie to buy anything other than a Malkoff). I already had the Wildcat with the MT-GT emitter and liked it better than the later V6 Wildcat. So, hunting around I found the Solarforce K3. It may have the same led as the Wildcat MT-GT but these are vastly different lights. Where the slightly warm Wildcat has almost no hotspot and is a phenomenal flood light, the K3 has a very neutral color--close to a M61N or even M61 219 And it has three power levels. It has lots of useful spill but is not the pure flood light that the Wildcat is. The K3 has a very intense hotspot about equal in size and brightness as my 18650 HD. I currently have the K3 mounted on an extended Solarforce body with 2x18650 LG IMR batteries

Last edited:

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
I also have the K3 and Solarforce 2x18650 battery set up and love it. The tint, throw, and flood of the beam is great. I have begun to wonder how it would compare to an xhp35 in the same size head and reflector.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have k3vn mounted on a fivemega 3 x 18350 tube, overready gitd triad tailcap and if I had this when I was a cop I would have sold all my streamlights and carried this instead

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
If you want that K3 to really rock, send it to Vinh. 2500 lumens and his UI.
I did and was glad I did. No way the stock light has 1500 lumens.

I did contact Vinh and we both agreed I'd be better off getting completely another light.