Surefire e2d defender (non-ultra) drop-In?

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody, has anyone updated/modified a surefire e2d defender? I really like mine, but it would be nice to improve the output/tint. It is listed at 200 lumens on high and the newer model is 500. Also, I don't work weird hours in a tweaker infested area anymore, so the ouch bezel is not really needed (yes, I know, flashlights not weapons, etc...and my pockets will be thankful). I might even sell it since my collection is growing and needs to grow a little bit more in other functional realms. Gracias.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know there is a person on the board that will shave down the strike bezel for a nominal fee. I don't know of anyone who does LED upgrades for a stock SF LED head.

You likely could sell it and upgrade to the newer model. You can buy a replacement head, or an adapter/bezel, or a VME head for a Malkoff drop-in.

Unlike a stock incan model, you can't buy a LED drop-in for a sealed LED head.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the heads, check out Malkoff E2 heads.

But if I were you, will use the 200lmn version, have heard it can run on a 16650 Li-ion. The 500lmn version does not.

EseriesModder

Newly Enlightened
I would get a lumens factory drop-in and keep the stock head.

Also a 16650 battery will fit perfectly. They can be recharged in the same charger as an 18650. They can be annoying to find, but malkoff sells them, and you might find some on other battery sites.

Those two things will bring your old E2D into the modern era without any permanent changes or swapped out body parts.

Also, the lens is just a 23.5mm diameter x 3mm thick watch crystal, in case you want to swap that out for something more durable.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can send your head to member Tana and he can outfit it with updated led. I have a few and they are phonaminal!