Surefire G2X Tactical...BATTERY IS STUCk!!!

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I was messing around with my G2X and threw in a 16650 Keeppower rechargeable. Well now it's stuck. I have no idea what to do...tried taking tape to pull it out but to no avail. I think I might have to get off the head, but don't know how. Please help! Thanks :(

DMS1970

Enlightened
A couple of my zebralights take the equivalent of a major league fastball pitch just to expose a few millimetres to grab. If your really stuck try some really strong magnets like the rare earth ones from lee valley.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a concern...but don't batteries have liquid in them? Liquids expand when frozen or they get colder.

Edit: Got the battery out! Ended up smacking it on the sofa a few times and it popped right out. Thanks for all the advice, maybe it can help someone in the future.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a concern...but don't batteries have liquid in them? Liquids expand when frozen or they get colder.

Li-ion batteries like the 16650 that was stuck do not contain liquid. The battery material is solid and flat. It's rolled up like a roll of toilet paper and then stuffed into the battery can.