Can't decide what light to get next...or if I even need a next one

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
I have a Convoy L6 and a Convoy C8 along with a host of smaller sub 1000 lumen utility type flashlights.
I also have a few 1200 lumen headlamps and some 750 lumen LED camping lanterns.

Speaking strictly of flashlights .......
Is there any other flashlight that would significantly add to that or do anything significant that those don't already?

Thanks

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
How about a popcan flashlight such as the noctigon M43 Meteor, Manker Mk34 or Olight x7. A high power flooder is always a nice addition. Another alternative is a high CRI EDC light such as the lumintop worm. I also am interested in a high power pocket thrower. I carry around a manker e14 which puts out over 2500+ lumens and fits in the pocket.

I might also add a search and rescue flashlight. I use the Acebeam k60. If things get heavy this is the light I use to brighten up the situation.

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a popcan flashlight such as the noctigon M43 Meteor, Manker Mk34 or Olight x7. A high power flooder is always a nice addition. Another alternative is a high CRI EDC light such as the lumintop worm. I also am interested in a high power pocket thrower. I carry around a manker e14 which puts out over 2500+ lumens and fits in the pocket.

I might also add a search and rescue flashlight. I use the Acebeam k60. If things get heavy this is the light I use to brighten up the situation.
You covered that very well :)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any other flashlight that would significantly add to that or do anything significant that those don't already?

Im not sure I have enough info to make an intelligent response, but, that never seemed to stop me before so, let me say, with all due respect, that

I cant tell a lot from your description, other than how bright they are..
clearly you dont actually need any more lights, so its up to you what you actually get excited about, that you might still want to add to your accumulation..

some questions:
Do you have a High CRI flashlight in 3000k, 4000k, or 5000k?
Any of them have a rotary interface :)
Got any with NoPWM?...

what do you consider significant?: brightness, tint, UI, size, weight, metal type, color, lowest mode, number of modes, programmability, battery size and chemistry?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I didn't need at least the last 244 or so...
Bought 'em anyway.

What started out as 3 or 4 exploded like an atomic bomb. Each and every one has a use that only that one can do. So just enjoy the ones you have before it's too late.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you're like me you'll buy a bunch only to discover they don't do anything new and exciting and you end up with pretty much what you started with in the first place.

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
the last three posts got me laughing...thanks. I looked at the Meteor and the other mentioned lights. May consider them in the not so distant future. Thanks. I really do like the L6 and C8 and they seem to cover a very wide spectrum (no pun intended) of flashlight capabilities. Thanks for the suggestions. They are good ones.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, in my case I initially wanted one, then realized I needed a headlamp, after having both, it was downhill from there, uphill for the pocket.

Who cares...haha...enjoy while it lasts