Almost bought a new Jetbeam E01R USB rechargeable 1AAA, but it has mode memory mode.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam doesn't have this light on it's website, but other vendors have it for sale.

What's keeping me from buying it is the mode memory. I want to be able to go directly to low with these small lights without having to remember to turn it off in low mode and to be able to skip the strobe mode, when not wanted.

I couldn't find any reviews, so I have no idea of the beam pattern or tint or CRI or mode sequence, other than it remembers the last mode. Don't know if the strobe can be skipped, or if you have to cycle through it when you don't want to.

It's good that new options keep coming out.

A description from the internet:

JETBeam E01R Rechargeable Flashlight
Urban Sophistication

Flashlight fanatics can go a bit overboard with the buttons and displays - but what if you want something classy, small, and sleek? JETBeam's E01R is an "urban EDC" light designed to look and feel impressive in indoor environments. Its elegant curves stand in contrast to the square, chunky bodies of most LED flashlights. The killer feature is the E01R's built-in micro-USB port, which lets you charge on-the-go with any power bank or cell phone cable. A built-in indicator lets you know when the battery is back to full capacity. You'll never hunt through a cluttered drawer for fresh batteries again.

Looking for a light with the same small, stylish form, but a little more power? Check out this light's sister, the JETBeam E10R.
Switch it Up

When you use the E01R's multifunction switch, you'll cycle through the flashlight's three brightness settings, effortlessly finding the best one for your environment. A disorienting strobe feature helps you protect yourself against anyone foolish enough to think you're defenseless. And unlike some lights that always power up on full blast, the E01R's memory function picks up right where you left off. With an LED this powerful, it's nice to know you won't accidentally blind yourself!
Is That an E01R in Your Pocket?

The E01R is pocket-sized, of course, but the two-way clip lets you stash it facing up or down, and even attach to your bag or hat brim if you want to go hands-free. A hole on the tail allows you to attach keychains, lanyards, or wrist straps. The cosmopolitan body is actually machined out of aircraft-grade aluminum, which is then plated with a layer of protective anodizing thick enough to meet military standards. JETBeam even built a titanium ring into the bezel to give the electronics additional protection. All these tough materials make the E01R drop-proof and waterproof. A light this study easily gets our recommendation for hiking, camping, or emergency usage.
Features:

Direct recharging function via micro-USB port (NiMH batteries only)
LED Battery charging indicator
Remembers last used mode via memory function
High efficiency circuit board provides up to 35 hours runtime on lowest output level
3 unique brightness settings
Powerful defensive strobe mode
Multi-function side switch
Two-way pocket clip
Titanium ring protects bezel from damage
Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
Waterproof in accordance with IPX-8 (two meters submersible)
Impact resistant to 1 meter
Aircraft-grade aluminum body
Anti-scratch type III hard anodized
Compatible with NiMH, alkaline, and non-rechargeable lithium batteries
2 year manufacturer's warranty

Included Accessories:

O ring
Clip
Lanyard

Specifications:

Output / Runtime: 1x AAA battery:
High: 138 lumens/0.8 hours
Medium: 24 lumens/4.5 hours
Low: 1 lumen/35 hours
Beam intensity: 518 cd
Throw distance: 46 m/150.9 ft.
Impact resistance: 1 m
Water Resistance: IPX-8 (Submersible to 2 meters for 30 minutes)
Weight: 0.75 oz/21.2 g
Dimensions:
Head Diameter: 0.62"/15.7 mm
Body Diameter: 0.60"/15.3 mm
Length: 3.2"/81.3 mm
UPC: 6957883832652

Caution: Recharging feature works with NiMH batteries only. Do not try to recharge single-use primary batteries such as alkaline or lithium. Attempting to recharge a non-rechargeable battery can damage your equipment and result in injury.
Specifications
Turbo High Medium Low Moonlight
Lumens: 138 138 24 1 -
Runtime (Hours): - 0.8 4.5 35 -
Output Modes: 3+ Brightness Levels, Strobe
Compatible Batteries: 1 x AAA
Batteries Included: No
Included Accessories: Lanyard, Pocket Clip, Spare O-ring(s)
Flashlight Usage: Every Day Carry
Throw Distance (Max): 46m
Switch Location: Body
Product Certifications: IPX-8, CE, FCC, RoHS
Brand: JetBeam
Primary Material: Anodized Aluminum
Product Weight: 0.75oz
Product Dimensions: 3.2" (L) x 0.62" (Head Diameter)0.6" (Body Diameter)
UPC: 6957883832652
MPN: E01R
Country of Origin: CN
Reviews
JETBeam E01R USB Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XP-G2 LED - 138 Lumens - Uses 1 x AAA

Javora

Enlightened
Would have to see a picture and personally I wouldn't buy a AAA light that is not made out of titanium but otherwise sounds great...

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the perceived benefit of titanium for a AAA light? It doesn't dissipate heat as well as aluminum. My lights are clipped on a pocket, rather than in a pocket with keys, knives and change.

There are plenty of pictures of the light out there.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one butt ugly flashlight. And what's with these "other" companies calling their lights E01? They should stop it. They should stop it right now. Seriously.....stop it.

Also i just pretend my gray E01s are titanium. It's much easier on my constitution. My REAL E01s that is.

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
Well, I bit the bullet and bought one. It should be here tomorrow. My only real concern is turning the flashlight on and off... whether I have to hold the button down to turn the light on. I have an Inova XS and an EagleTac d25aaa... the side switch and ability to use a phone charger were definite plusses for me.

LarcKen

Newly Enlightened
Well, I bit the bullet and bought one. It should be here tomorrow. My only real concern is turning the flashlight on and off... whether I have to hold the button down to turn the light on. I have an Inova XS and an EagleTac d25aaa... the side switch and ability to use a phone charger were definite plusses for me.

Hey, i have this flashlight. You don't need to hold the button to turn it on, but you do need it when turning it off.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can i buy this flashlight at a reasonable price shipped to the UK, GB and BG dont have it yet, eBay has it for £19+ but the feedback is poor.

Also does this flashlight have a button lock so it does not come on in my pocket?

EDIT: IT LOOKS LIKE IT`S ALSO SOLD AS AN "Niteye E01R"

Thanks

John.

Last edited:

LarcKen

Newly Enlightened
That sounds great! I should have mine this afternoon. Any observations you want to make?

I believe you will like it. It's typical Jetbeam quality which is perfectly built at least on the exterior. The metal switch feels good, and there is a hidden lock out feature not mentioned in the manual.
To activate lock out, hold down the power button for 3 seconds, the light should blink intermittently which then you can let go of the button. In the lock out mode, the strobe feature can still be accessed, which is by double clicking the button. To deactivate lock out, hold down the button for 3 seconds, the light will turn on.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the mode sequence?

Can the strobe be skipped when cycling through modes?

What's the beam pattern?

Any other useful informations for someone considering buying this light?

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
Okay, time for some initial impressions, just in case anyone is interested.

The finish is very good. It's a nice, even dark grey. The side switch is very easy to use and quite comfortable. The pocket clip is pretty big. I don't think it will be big enough to get in the way, but it is noticeably LARGE. You remove the tailcap to insert the battery. The charging plug is accessible by removing the head of the flashlight. The flashlight CAN tailstand... in a very stable environment... I wouldn't trust it to stand up to wind or vibration.

The ability to recharge was a big factor in me buying this light. The clicky switch was the other big factor.

The UI is interesting... There is a slight delay after pressing the button before the light comes on. I'd guess maybe half a second? If the light is off and you press the side switch, it comes on in the last used mode. Pressing the side switch again cycles through high-medium-low. When the flashlight is on, a long press turns it off. When the flashlight is off, a longer press engages the lockout, which is indicated by a quick repeating flash as long as you continue holding the button. To disengage the lockout, you can long press again, which is confirmed by a longer flash. A double press at ANY time engages strobe mode. It doesn't matter if the light is on, off, or locked out; double pressing engages strobe. If you enter strobe from lockout, you can press the side button to cycle through high-medium-low, but when you turn the light off, the lockout is still engaged.

The color tint seems pretty good to me. The light is pretty floody, which suits my purposes. High=138lm, Medium=24lm; Low=1lm.

To recharge the flashlight ( using Ni-MH batteries only ), you must completely remove the head of the flashlight. There is a small red LED near the contact spring to indicate that the battery is charging. When charging is complete, the LED turns off. Jetbeam does not provide an estimate for how long it takes to charge a battery.

So far, I'm pretty impressed. We'll see how I feel about it after I use it for a while...

Comparing the light to an Eagletac D25AAA... the Jetbeam is roughly 1/2" longer and slightly bigger around. Comparing the highest output modes on the two flashlights, the beam from the Jetbeam is floodier and a little dimmer than the Eagletac, probably because it produces a bigger spot at the same distance.

I hope this helps anyone else who's thinking about buying one of these.

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
What is the mode sequence?

Can the strobe be skipped when cycling through modes?

What's the beam pattern?

Any other useful informations for someone considering buying this light?

High-Medium-Low, strobe is not in the sequence and can only be accessed by doubleclicking. The beam pattern is floody. :) See the rest of my review and ask me any questions you may have?

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that info. It is very helpful.

I learned something new about the UI today.

Doubleclicking the button while the flashlight is off starts strobe mode ( we knew that ). Clicking the button once from strobe cycles to the next mode. So, if you were in high, then entered strobe mode, it will go to medium directly from strobe. However, if you entered strobe mode from off, doubleclicking again will return to off. If you entered strobe mode from on, doubleclicking again will return you to the mode you were using before strobe, whereas clicking once will cycle to the next mode.

I do have a couple of VERY minor complaints. The pocket clip rotates, and as far as I can tell, there's no way to stop it. The pocket clip does not grip my pocket quite so well as I would like. It's not loose by any means...