Olight S Mini TI Neutral

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Well, the tint on this brushed Ti Mini has me spoiled. I never really understood the benefits of a neutral tint, until I got this light and Lumintop Tool Nichia lights.

I just got an Olight S1A because of its AA format, but have to say the I really prefer the neutral tint of the Mini.

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
Why didnt u pick the s1r with the neutral tint ? Its 800lumens with neutral white and 900 with cool white

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I ordered the S1A in neutral. I'm really appreciating this tint.
so glad to hear :)
an AA light with regulated output, NoPWM, 10440 compatible, and Moddable! (PM gunga about a High CRI option)

chart shows regulated output, congrats (click pic for the review)
unknown00101 said:

note none of the tests use Alkaline, no charts to show runtime or regulation with that cell

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
so glad to hear :)
an AA light with regulated output, NoPWM, 10440 compatible, and Moddable! (PM gunga about a High CRI option)

chart shows regulated output, congrats (click pic for the review)

note none of the tests use Alkaline, no charts to show runtime or regulation with that cell

Olight uses PWM on their moonlight modes.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot detect any PWM on low on my Olight i3s using any of the photo, manual techniques I have used before.. waving, extreme closeup, and video.. for example, here is a video.. no scan lines or video noise detected

if you have a photo of Olight PWM, please share

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot detect any PWM on low on my Olight i3s using any of the photo, manual techniques I have used before.. waving, extreme closeup, and video.. for example, here is a video.. no scan lines or video noise detected

if you have a photo of Olight PWM, please share

Maukka's reviews showed PWM on moonlight and/or low modes of the H1, H1R, and S Mini. So, it seems probable that the S1A might have PWM on the moonlight mode at least as well. But, keep in mind the PWM is high frequency and not visible to most people under normal use.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is not using electronic devices, using gasoline powered vehicles and exhaling carbon dioxide, but I'll continue to do them all, thank you very much.

Every little bit less waste you generate helps the environment. Plus, rechargeables offer better performance in most applications and are much cheaper in the long run. There is a reason why most new electronic devices use rechargeable cells.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be careful! All this pwm talk might make Jon's head explode!

Bahaha:crackup:, well played sir:thumbsup:. I just got a mental image of Jon running around in his basement, cell phone camera in hand, screaming NO! IT CAN'T BE! NOT YOU TOO OLIGHT! OH THE HUMANITY, WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!:D

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maukka's reviews showed PWM on moonlight and/or low modes of the H1, H1R, and S Mini.
thanks
I see a 54% duty cycle.. yup, I would call that PWM..
maukka said:
I expect a photo would show that too, send me a Mini and I will take a pic for you :)

Fortunately I dont use CR123 lights, and dont have a basement, so, odds of my head exploding from PWM are lower than for Tachead and gunga.. ;-)

PWM seems very popular with most CR123 lights.. Malkoff, HDS, Zebralight.. oh My Head!
I think I will just keep using the i3s AAA..

Last edited: