Wizard Pro XHP-50 Magnetic Charging Headlamp from Armytek Video Review

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The new magnetic charging Wizard Pro was sent to me for review from Andrew-Amanda.com. This light is fast becoming one of my favorite gadgets. The UI is both very simple/intuitive and has the most depth of just about any production light I've ever used.

I tested all output levels and did real-time testing for thermal stepdown behavior in the video. Thanks Andrew-Amanda for the review sample. I try to remain impartial, but this is one of the best new gadgets I've come by in a while, so I'll give it a recommendation. If you guys watch from my YouTube channel I have a timeline of where everything is in the video so you can just click and skip to what you want to know about. Thank you for looking.

.............. Watch On YouTube .....................

Last edited:

andreas0401

Newly Enlightened
Re: Wizard Pro XHP-50 Magnetic Charging Headlam from Armytek Video Review

[h=1]Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 White und Warm Light[/h]
comp_019upik.jpg

comp_02jnpie.jpg

comp_03x1qwv.jpg

comp_041gowv.jpg

comp_05idrtq.jpg

comp_076cq6l.jpg

comp_08gqrgy.jpg

comp_09neqw1.jpg

comp_010vyopk.jpg

comp_011c8qvs.jpg

comp_012pmrrf.jpg

comp_0133yqfv.jpg

comp_014dwp22.jpg

comp_015kqo0d.jpg

comp_016iwofc.jpg

comp_017wspbd.jpg

Beamshots

comp_20161211_135838hhysc.jpg

comp_01armytekwizardvbqlgx.jpg

comp_02armytekwizardvu6an0.jpg

comp_03armytekwizardvo5ans.jpg

comp_04armytekwizardvpxlv5.jpg

comp_05zebralightsc638xyl2.jpg

comp_06olightr50proxh2blv0.jpg

comp_07acebeamec50gen96xyd.jpg

comp_08olightr50proxhotbi6.jpg

comp_09acebeamec50genk7abl.jpg

animated gifs
1gmag3.gif

24fy3t.gif

3k1lsi.gif

Collagen

picsart_02-18-07.33.4kszda.jpg

1z5yjq.jpg

2zhazp.jpg

34yzs9.jpg

422xe5.jpg

58bbhd.jpg

Indoor
6lcznl.jpg

Regards

Andreas
http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/armytek-wizard-pro-v3-xhp50-white-und-warm-light.54726/

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Re: Wizard Pro XHP-50 Magnetic Charging Headlam from Armytek Video Review

Did you post this in the Review sub-forum? These are some really great pics of the Wizard Pro mixed with various flashlights. Not sure it's the most appropriate place to post content which is nearly an entire review itself. On someone else's video review thread. But thanks for sharing.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Just received my Wizard Pro XHP-50 Warm. Practically speaking, I can get rid of all my other lights. This one will do everything. Rock Solid!

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is with the two different body types on these? Andreas0401 samples appears to have cooling fins on their heads and Impossible Lumens sample doesn't.

Just updated version tweaks. Wonder if the head and body are still glued. I remember AT rep in Shotshow video mumbled that the electronics are unchanged.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA typically gets early releases from AT, even before the products are up on AT's site, so good chance that AA doesn't carry the latest versions.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my Wizard Pro XHP-50 Warm. Practically speaking, I can get rid of all my other lights. This one will do everything. Rock Solid!

Does yours have the cooling fins on yours and if so where did you purchase it from?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just updated version tweaks. Wonder if the head and body are still glued. I remember AT rep in Shotshow video mumbled that the electronics are unchanged.

So the cooling fin samples are the newest ones? Because neither of their websites appear to show cooling fins on the Wizard USB models?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the cooling fin samples are the newest ones? Because neither of their websites appear to show cooling fins on the Wizard USB models?

You know how it is with AT's website. One of the Wizard spec pages still says 0 lumens. Last I checked, they still hadn't corrected errors in the specs and manuals for the Tiara non pro.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know how it is with AT's website. One of the Wizard spec pages still says 0 lumens. Last I checked, they still hadn't corrected errors in the specs and manuals for the Tiara non pro.

True true. So, I wonder which you get if you order direct from their Canadian warehouse?

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
When are we going to learn? It pays to wait!!! They do release stuff before it is finalised. Typically to discount dealers. Take a deep breath and wait for at least 4-5 months. I am sure your other flashlights do not have expiration dates. I always wait at least 8 months. Never, and I mean never! have I had a bad AT light. Every one so far had an updated manual in the box and has worked perfectly. I just purchased the Non-USB Wizard Pro on sale,directly from their site and it is absolutely perfect (also includes the new plastic clip). I will buy the new USB Wizard Pro directly from them sometime in the early-mid summer and guess what? It will have the recently added cooling fins and will likely have all of the latest updates/fixes. I am thankful to all the impatient customers who can't wait to discover all the bugs and shortfalls of a new release.

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
What is with the two different body types on these? Andreas0401 samples appears to have cooling fins on their heads and Impossible Lumens sample doesn't.
Wow, I hadn't noticed that before. I saw another reviewer had the same one as me and when I was looking at Andreas0401 pics I quickly skipped over the ones of the light, thinking I know already what it looks like. A0401 has some nice comparisons with the SC63 and a couple xhp-70 lights. I hadn't even noticed all the fins though. Trippy.

I did timed thermal testing (TTT) in my video. Now I'm curious to do the same with the finned version in order to see what improvements with thermal characteristics, as well as the weight difference.