3D Printed battery Spacer for Flat Top Batteries - LiitoKala 26650's

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
Just received 4 LiitoKala 26650's and as others have found, they seem to need a spacer to use in series such as in a Convoy L6.
They have something similar from GearBest and Aliexpress but I'm a bit impatient and don't like to wait
Whipped out this little jewel in about 15 minutes and it works perfectly.

I just dripped molten solder into the hole to fill it. Worked great. I was afraid the PLA might melt but it did fine.
The solder blob is all the way through and the over size blob ends ensures it can't pass back through either way.
If I ever need a spacer for any other size battery, it's as easy as scaling the disc down (or up) to what ever size needed.
If you have a 3D printer and want to print yourself one just PM me for the x3g file (or the STL file)

I've made Flashlight Lens covers, 26650 battery holders (so I can test them with my hobby charger) and battery organizer trays with my 3D printer.
3D printers are a great tool. Got any great ideas for related stuff that might be made with a 3D printer? Let me know.

Enjoy!

26650Spacer_2_120170311_145311_zpsohiysmyz.jpg

26650Spacer_120170311_145311_zpsa70ojbfd.jpg

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
I guess noone else has a 3D printer?.....cause this works like a charm.
AND....didn't have to put solder on the batteries in case I wanna use them in a true flat top application.