Best Single AAA torch?

mccraggen

Newly Enlightened
Yup it's been asked Probly 10 million times but it has got me scratching my head

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
but that tool vn is a 10440 light and not a aaa light, wont even work with a aaa battery.
The best imo is the liteflux lf2xt. But if you want one of those you have to search the markedplace for a used one. And expect to open your wallet if you find one for sale :)

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my older 4-7's Preon with clicky switch. Runs on ANY AAA sized cell, 10440 makes it really shine! Love my newer copper Preon as well.
Thrunight also is an awesome one that runs on any AAA.
Also have the Tool vn above, awesome UI and is a heck of a bright light.
I had a cool Titanium Tain Ottavino, but solkd it as I prefer my clickies.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Define what you mean by "best" ... :thinking:

Depending on your definition, I might say the Eiger, the LF2XT, the UniVex, the Sapphire, the Ottavino, or the Titan Plus :shrug:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Define what you mean by "best" ... :thinking:

Seriously - "best" is so user and criteria specific, it's almost meaningless.

I'll throw in the Fenix E01 as: very affordable, simple, robust as all heck, excellent output to run time, and a generally solid performer. And you won't be sobbing if you lose it.

I'm also fond of the Surefire Titan A and B models - I have the B on my keychain now. The Rayus C01 is another solid performer, even though the company itself has ceased.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "best" Single AAA torch isn't. It is a Nitecore TIP CRI:
Easy recharging, easy mode selection, plenty bright, plenty nice color temperature and a pleasing tint for day use and wide awake use. Easy access buttons and lockout if the buttons are too easy to activate (depending on your carry method).

Without specifics on what is best for a particular user...

PiperBob

Newly Enlightened
For me it's a Maglight Solitaire LED -- because it's what I have. But it's come in handy a bunch of times in the few weeks I've had it. I like that it's simple. Puts out enough light to see stuff. What I like best is that when it's in my pocket I literally forget it's there because there are no sharp edges.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never heard of it. Where do you find it?

I found a Microstream defined that way on Amazon, but it'snot adjustable focus.

It's not a Streamlight. If you remove the "Streamlight" from the title, you'll find a different flashlight on Amazon - runs on 3xAAAs.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best is totally subjective.

I like the e01. And the Eiger. And the e99ti. And the Maratac copper. And the Matterhorn single/ Arc.
depending, of course, on the occasion.

We need further input from the OP.

ripcurlksm

Newly Enlightened
Never heard of it. Where do you find it?

I found a Microstream defined that way on Amazon, but it'snot adjustable focus.

Gotcha yea I copy/pasted it from Amazon. Ive been using it for about a year and give them as presents as backup backpacking lights to friends. This one does run on one AAA battery :) I've got one in my backpack and have two on order for my truck (to replace a E1 SureFire) and another for my computer desk

I guess it is the Streamlight Microstream:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00143JZ08/?tag=cpf0b6-20