Arc 4+ second, first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greymage

Enlightened
I got one of the $99 Arc4+ seconds. My first impressions:

- It's gigantic! And looks like a flashlight. I like my old Arc LSL form factor better - smaller, cylindrical, flat end with key ring attachment on indented portion of flat end; this was really elegant. The Arc4 is longer, wider, has an exposed rubber switch... yuck. A switch like the one on the Inova X5T would be better. And I have to attach the clip in order to be able to attach a ring to it so it can go on a keyring... double yuck.

- I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or maybe that should be a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif because that means battery life will be shorter?

- The light is much brighter and seems whiter, compared to my LSL. Actually I had always liked the color on the LSL, but side by side the Arc4 looks white and the LSL purplish.

- I like being able to switch brightnesses. Although I'm not sure I'll ever use this feature; when I turn on a light I want it all the way on.

Overall - considering the price, it was a great deal, but if it wasn't for the fact that it's brighter and whiter I'd definitely stick with my old LSL because of the size.

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
As far as the size goes. Can anyone put an LS with a twisty 1AA pack next to a LS4? They seem like they would be the same size.

paulr

Flashaholic
I think the LS+1AA would be a little longer than the Arc4.
The Arc4 is a tad shorter than a CMG Infinity. It might be a few mm longer than an LS with a 123 TSP. The LS with the 123 twisty is definitely smaller.

jtice

Flashaholic
Just took these real quick, hope it helps some.
NOTE: the Newer LS will not run brightly off 1AA. I just put the tail on it to help you get an idea.

They are basically the same length.

Arc_Lengths_01.jpg

Arc_Lengths_02.jpg

Arc_Lengths_03.jpg

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pics. I like my first run LS with that pack. It is still small enough to almost disappear in your hand but has more of a regular flashlight shape since it isn't the same width as the head.

Greymage

Enlightened
I was worried about runtimes, so I put in the battery from my LSL and left it on to test. I've been using that battery for a month or so, a couple of minutes every day. Runtime at primary was 40+ minutes. Not sure of exact time, I may have missed when it first started reducing brightness. That's a really nice feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.