The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Arc 4+ second, first impressions

Flashaholic*

Default Arc 4+ second, first impressions

I got one of the $99 Arc4+ seconds. My first impressions:

- It's gigantic! And looks like a flashlight. I like my old Arc LSL form factor better - smaller, cylindrical, flat end with key ring attachment on indented portion of flat end; this was really elegant. The Arc4 is longer, wider, has an exposed rubber switch... yuck. A switch like the one on the Inova X5T would be better. And I have to attach the clip in order to be able to attach a ring to it so it can go on a keyring... double yuck.

- I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Or maybe that should be a [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] because that means battery life will be shorter?

- The light is much brighter and seems whiter, compared to my LSL. Actually I had always liked the color on the LSL, but side by side the Arc4 looks white and the LSL purplish.

- I like being able to switch brightnesses. Although I'm not sure I'll ever use this feature; when I turn on a light I want it all the way on.

Overall - considering the price, it was a great deal, but if it wasn't for the fact that it's brighter and whiter I'd definitely stick with my old LSL because of the size.

Default Re: Arc 4+ second, first impressions

As far as the size goes. Can anyone put an LS with a twisty 1AA pack next to a LS4? They seem like they would be the same size.

I think the LS+1AA would be a little longer than the Arc4.
    The Arc4 is a tad shorter than a CMG Infinity. It might be a few mm longer than an LS with a 123 TSP. The LS with the 123 twisty is definitely smaller.

Just took these real quick, hope it helps some.
    NOTE: the Newer LS will not run brightly off 1AA. I just put the tail on it to help you get an idea.

They are basically the same length.

Thanks for the pics. I like my first run LS with that pack. It is still small enough to almost disappear in your hand but has more of a regular flashlight shape since it isn't the same width as the head.

Flashaholic*

I was worried about runtimes, so I put in the battery from my LSL and left it on to test. I've been using that battery for a month or so, a couple of minutes every day. Runtime at primary was 40+ minutes. Not sure of exact time, I may have missed when it first started reducing brightness. That's a really nice feature.