Your Favourite 18650 EDC

Witterings

Enlightened
What's your favourite 18650 EDC ..... I discounted AA / AAA's simply because of run time although it does make it a bit more challenging as some 18650's are on the "larger" side making it questionable if they really are good for EDC.

Georgboy

Newly Enlightened
What's your favourite 18650 EDC ..... I discounted AA / AAA's simply because of run time although it does make it a bit more challenging as some 18650's are on the "larger" side making it questionable if they really are good for EDC.
Fenix pd35 tac as of right now.

jprince

Newly Enlightened
For me hands down my Zebralight SC62, don't have to run it on high or turbo to often to get the results I need, but when you need that extra boost of sunlight it's there. But have to also add that when I'm camping I elevate my EDC to my Zebralight SC600w lll HI which is a phenomenal beast of a light for its size with both focused and floody beam characteristics.

markr6

Flashaholic
For me hands down my Zebralight SC62, don't have to run it on high or turbo to often to get the results I need, but when you need that extra boost of sunlight it's there. But have to also add that when I'm camping I elevate my EDC to my Zebralight SC600w lll HI which is a phenomenal beast of a light for its size with both focused and floody beam characteristics.

Same thoughts here except I swapped my SC62w for SC63w. Not a big difference though.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another light purchased for this duty > thinking about where the three topic threads for this topic are > appears yet another thread for this topic. :)

Two at all times: P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head, and Olight S2 Baton.

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Astrolux S1 with XP-L 3D tint.

Cheap, small, bright. And it comes with a short tube for 18350.

Witterings

Enlightened
appears yet another thread for this topic. :)

Things change though ... with the number of manufacturers there are, the fact they bright out new tempting goodies to "help you part with your money" on a regular basis and that technology is improving so rapidly .... are you really surprised with such a fast changing market??

Must admit I hadn't paid much attention to the Olight S2 ... maybe it deserves a closer look although I have seen quite a few reports of Olights being very cool white / blue tint ... is that all models / does it affect this one???

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me, this one appears to be normal cool white.

I like cool white, Neutral White appears to me to be yellow/green/and sometimes even red.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Fenix pd35. It's a little long for edc but everything else about it is spot on.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC63w. Mainly use at night. During the day no 18650. Daily DQG Spy warm tint and Eagletac D25A nichia.

Taz80

Enlightened
Zebralight SC62w or the Eagletac P200LC2 neutral for when I need momentary on.

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight sc600 mkiii HI NW. Great quality, dreamy tint, nice throw, good runtime, and still small.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three at the moment. Eagletac D25LC2 neutral XPL Hi, Fenix PD35 Tac, MD2 M61HOT. The eagletac gets used the most, it's also the smallest.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MD2 with an OR Triad Tail and and OR Clip, ZeroRez Switch, Direct Drive XML2 in Malkoff Shell and HI/LO Ring.
I keep trying other things and they don't hit the spot, it's like a Poor Man's, slightly bigger OR Boss.
P

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
DQG 2nd gen twisty, and 500 lumens.

My second choice is niteye er26,small ,great beam, 1000 lumens. Im not a fan of electronic switch with half second delay, but so much of this light is good.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
For its best combo of size, power and efficiency, Zebralight SC62w (contemplating to upgrade to SC63w).