Sky Lumen        
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So... who scored during today's drop?

Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

Nice scored w21.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas1911 View Post
    Any idea when these will ship? Yes, I'm excited
    Waiting on mailman as i type :/)
    will be here today!
    thst was quick...

Hmm. I got the confirmation page when I ordered but never got an email, nor shipping update email. Jeff, I know your busy but please give me a heads up!!

Can't believe the Aluminums are still in stock...wow
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Same here. I got the confirmation email right after purchase but never got anything saying when delivery might take place. Maybe it's in my mailbox right now............

Last edited by Mtbmurf; 03-23-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Nope, but I ordered drilled optics and Ti screws so that probably set my delivery date back a bit. Not a problem... I have another flashlight.

She's a beauty... Congrats!

Flashaholic

I ordered last Friday and the light arrive today in the mail.

My first light from Jeff. I got the AL version. I will say I was pleasantly surprised by some glow coming from behind the optic. Must be a GITD spacer or something. I'd love to put tritium tubes in the light. Is that something a CPA with minimal mechanical aptitude can accomplish himself? Or well I need to send it out to somebody to do that?
    Last edited by Taxman; 03-23-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    I ordered last Friday and the light arrive today in the mail.

My first light from Jeff. I got the AL version. I will say I was pleasantly surprised by some glow coming from behind the optic. Must be a GITD spacer or something. I'd love to put tritium tubes in the light. Is that something a CPA with minimal mechanical aptitude can accomplish himself? Or well I need to send it out to somebody to do that?
    I've been told... (I realize that just because I started this thread doesn't mean I have to reply to every question, but people say I have a big mouth, so...)... I've been told that trits are easy to install inside drilled optics... no Norland 61 required. So I ordered drilled optics, BUT, since I have no idea how to get to the darn things I'm quite sure there will never be any trits in my Ti TinyDC.

Mine came today, I absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    I've been told... (I realize that just because I started this thread doesn't mean I have to reply to every question, but people say I have a big mouth, so...)... I've been told that trits are easy to install inside drilled optics... no Norland 61 required. So I ordered drilled optics, BUT, since I have no idea how to get to the darn things I'm quite sure there will never be any trits in my Ti TinyDC.
    Someone pointed me to B@rt over here at CPF, he has an ongoing sales thread. HTH.

Add: upon reading again... am not sure if you meant how to install the drilled optics to the TinyDC? I don't know how is it done too, anyone can share how to?
    Last edited by xdayv; 03-23-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    Someone pointed me to B@rt over here at CPF, he has an ongoing sales thread. HTH.

Add: upon reading again... am not sure if you meant how to install the drilled optics to the TinyDC? I don't know how is it done too, anyone can share how to?
    I have trits from Bart. What I don't know, is how to get to the optics in order to insert the trits. I think you need tools and stuff for that. I'm not handy with tools.

I have trits from Bart. What I don't know, is how to get to the optics in order to insert the trits. I think you need tools and stuff for that. I'm not handy with tools.
    The pegs are hollow, so maybe you just push them in and then put the optic back on? All you really need to do is unscrew the pill using the two little indentations to get out the original optic and replace it with the drilled one.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

I'll bet if feels really good in your hand. Congrats on a outstanding purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrariblades View Post
    Mine came today, I absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    The pegs are hollow, so maybe you just push them in and then put the optic back on?
    Yes I'm sure it's easy to push the trits into the drilled slots, as long as you have the correct size vials.

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    All you really need to do is unscrew the pill using the two little indentations to get out the original optic and replace it with the drilled one.
    Oh yeah it's easy... I'm trying that on my aluminum TinyDC as we speak. I'll be modding lights in few months... keep a look out for my new subforum.

Oops 2 trits just fell right out. Subforum idea on hold for now.

I'll bet if feels really good in your hand. Congrats on a outstanding purchase!
    I was blown away. I don't think I've ever handled such an amazing piece of metal before. It's a complete game changer for me.

Oops 2 trits just fell right out. Subforum idea on hold for now.
    How was B@rt's 1.55 x 5mm vials, did they fit well? Why did if fall?

How was B@rt's 1.55 x 5mm vials, did they fit well? Why did if fall?
    The trits that fell out were the ones in my TinyDC, which I got secondhand last year. The light already had drilled optics with trits installed. Tonight I was practicing on that light to see if I could indeed reach the optics on my new TinyDC (which hasn't yet arrived).

Like I said, it turned out to be very ease. However, when you unscrew the pill, as I found, you might want to keep the head slightly upright so that, as the optics move away from the lens, the trits don't fall into the head. It was no big deal... I just picked them up and slid them right back in place, then carefully returned the pill to it's home. But I need to order more trits from Bart, so thanks for reminding me. Yes his vials are of good quality, but don't be in a big hurry because it takes a few weeks to get them. I should've ordered more the last time.

EDIT: I believe 1.55 x 5mm is the correct size, and are what's in my TinyDC, but we need to ask someone who knows for sure. I would say Jeff but last I saw him he was pulling wheelies on his mountain bike. Gunga can probably tell us.
    Last edited by wimmer21; 03-23-2017 at 09:01 PM.

The optic is drilled on the front for trits. It's like $25 or so extra. The vials go in and the lens fits in top of the optic to hold the trits in. You have to be careful reassembling everything or stuff can fall out. Never tighten the pill down without first ensuring the optic is properly lined up with the LEDS. If it is not, and you crank it down, you will most likely rip the domes off.

Adding trits is not hard, just be slow and steady.

I don't know what happened but for some reason I'm now getting around 50k cd from my TinyDC.

I don't know what happened but for some reason I'm now getting around 50k cd from my TinyDC.
    now off to your new subforum!

Cancel Hanukkah Bart's all out of green trits.

now off to your new subforum!
    Yeah my first de-doming went pretty well. haha

But seriously I'm extremely lucky I didn't rip the domes off like Gunga warned... because I didn't line up anything. I just screwed it back in, then proceeded to inform CPF how it's done. No one should ever listen to me.

Yeah my first de-doming went pretty well. haha

But seriously I'm extremely lucky I didn't rip the domes off like Gunga warned... because I didn't line up anything. I just screwed it back in, then proceeded to inform CPF how it's done. No one should ever listen to me.
    is there a link or thread to this?, Gunga?

There is no link or thread. I can try explaining it in more detail if needed.

I'm good, got it figured out. Now just need the tape,oh, and my Okluma. Stalking the poor mail guy every day. Lol

They are all gone by now.

They are all gone by now.
    Im really surprised they lasted as long as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrariblades View Post
    Im really surprised they lasted as long as they did.
    me too, been checking it everyday... it's actually good in a way, so that those who live in the other parts of the world could catch up when they wake up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast