NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 121 to 140 of 140

Thread: So... who scored during today's drop?

  1. #121
    Flashaholic* xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Tried to dig the archives... but couldn't find.

    Anyway, simple question: what are the lumens output of each level? If you can add runtime, thanks.

  2. #122
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    I noticed that the name changed from TinyDC to DC1. Could we be seeing a DC2 in the foreseeable future?! Or what was the rational behind the name change lol.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

  3. #123
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    Tried to dig the archives... but couldn't find.

    Anyway, simple question: what are the lumens output of each level? If you can add runtime, thanks.
    The runtimes will vary based upon the battery capacity. I don't know about individual lumen outputs, but Jeff told me in an email that he wouldn't expect max output to run for more than ~5 minutes continuously. Of course that's pretty conservative (similar to the 800 lumens listed on the website) and I can say firsthand that I've run the light for 5 minutes continuously at max and had plenty of juice to spare.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

  4. #124
    Flashaholic* xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Theodore, thanks for the input. The 800+ max lumens (although YMMV) is more than enough for my edc use. I wish users could program it, then the DC1 will be a more complete package in terms of flexibility. The craftsmanship is 2nd to none.

  5. #125

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    I noticed that the name changed from TinyDC to DC1. Could we be seeing a DC2 in the foreseeable future?! Or what was the rational behind the name change lol.
    I'm guessing to differentiate from Mac's Tiny EDC?

  6. #126
    Flashaholic* xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    I'm guessing to differentiate from Mac's Tiny EDC?
    I actually prefer naming of DC1 than the TinyDC. Feels more "robust" in a way... haha.

  7. #127
    Rstype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Masachussetts
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Des anyone know when their will another batch of dc1 in any flavor ? I would love to try and get one.
    Last edited by Rstype; 09-15-2017 at 07:03 PM.

  8. #128
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rstype View Post
    Des anyone know when their will another batch of dc1 in any flavor ? I would love to try and get one.
    We've got some in the works right now. I expect will have a small batch in the next 3 to 4 weeks with some Ti, zirconium and damascus. Then we'll have a larger batch with aluminum, titanium, brass and copper for Christmas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    I'm guessing to differentiate from Mac's Tiny EDC?
    No, we just changed the name so we could make a DC2.

    Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    Theodore, thanks for the input. The 800+ max lumens (although YMMV) is more than enough for my edc use. I wish users could program it, then the DC1 will be a more complete package in terms of flexibility. The craftsmanship is 2nd to none.
    We're working on making it programmable. The drivers are made and the firmware is next.

  9. #129
    Rstype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Masachussetts
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Thank you sir for the update it is very much appreciated. Will be looking forward to trying one. Or two

  10. #130
    Flashaholic* xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    We're working on making it programmable. The drivers are made and the firmware is next.
    Looking forward, and hoping it becomes available when the DC2 is launched. Thank you.

  11. #131
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    Looking forward, and hoping it becomes available when the DC2 is launched. Thank you.
    I don't think we'll have programmable firmware ready for the DC2 drop. However, we will have the new driver in the DC2 and when the firmware is finished, we'll be offering free firmware upgrades.

  12. #132
    Flashaholic* xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    I don't think we'll have programmable firmware ready for the DC2 drop. However, we will have the new driver in the DC2 and when the firmware is finished, we'll be offering free firmware upgrades.
    That's alright Sir, but it's a bit of a drag and risk from this side of the world to do the firmware upgrade, but nevertheless glad to know it's free! Anyway, how about being able to pre-select it to a "no-memory" upon ordering? Oooops I'm a snob for "memory" because I always tend to forget the last level I was.

  13. #133
    Flashaholic okluma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    468

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    That's alright Sir, but it's a bit of a drag and risk from this side of the world to do the firmware upgrade, but nevertheless glad to know it's free! Anyway, how about being able to pre-select it to a "no-memory" upon ordering? Oooops I'm a snob for "memory" because I always tend to forget the last level I was.
    We can definitely do no memory, just mention it in the checkout notes. Or send me an email when the time gets closer.

  14. #134
    Flashaholic* xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    We can definitely do no memory, just mention it in the checkout notes. Or send me an email when the time gets closer.
    awesome!!

  15. #135

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    So, who scored during today's December drop! I got a light and am definitely looking forward to its arrival

  16. #136

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    I got an Al, my 1st Oklumen light but I was really wanting a Ti to go with my Alpa ICE Ti. Unfortunately I was at work today and just couldn't be on early or often enough to catch one.
    Last edited by MadAmos; 12-15-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    Paul

  17. #137

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    I hovered over the "add to cart" button on both the Al and Ti models for a while but eventually talked myself out of both. The q-lite driver doesn't seem terribly excited so I'd rather wait for the programmable driver that I hear Toykeeper was working on.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

  18. #138
    Flashaholic* xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    so who's got the bronze or blasted ti?

  19. #139

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    I almost grabbed one of the blue or green Titaniumís but they were sold out by the time I saw it.

  20. #140

    Default Re: So... who scored during today's drop?

    My new Ti just arrived and is riding in my pocket

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •