More compact option ThruNite TN12 2016?

vpsaline

Newly Enlightened
Is there a light out there very similar to ThruNite TN12 2016 in performance/price with 18650 that is considerably more compact to carry?

JLeephoto

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC63. Better performance and UI (IMO), more compact, but almost twice the price.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight will be about the most compact of the premium manufacturers for single 18650 lights. If you want the utmost smallest 18650 light, then consider DQG, although performance and quality might not be up to par.

benjimon

Newly Enlightened
I've never held or seen a zebralight in person but they always seem short but bulky to me. Not sure which is better for carry?

markr6

Flashaholic
The TN12 is your "normal" sized light...very common among the big manufacturers. The Zebralight SC63 is a great option. The Olight S2 looks nice as well, but I will never buy another with their nasty cool white LEDs.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have two variants of their side-clicky 18650 lights. The SC63 and SC600 MK3. The SC63 will be less bulky with very thin side walls and a smaller reflector. Maximum output is the same as the SC600, however it PID will kick in sooner because there's less thermal mass to them.

The SC600 MK3 is equally as short, but there's more thickness to them and a slightly larger reflector. PID will kick in a little later with these.

I've carried both the SC62D and SC600 MK3 HI in my jeans pocket, and I don't have any issues with them.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TN12 shouldn't be too hard to beat size wise. It's not particularly small.

This is one of those questions the Parametrek tool is handy for, although it's not comprehensive and you may encounter a few mistakes here and there:
http://flashlights.parametrek.com/i...650&lumens=784+_&length=_+116&bezel_size=_+26

Others that I know are at least slightly smaller than the TN12 include the Armytek Prime C2 and Lumintop Prince.

wweiss

Enlightened
I agree - just got an S2 and the thing has great form factor, but the quality of the light is blue/ghost/harsh/vampire... I love the quality of my S Mini Baton TI - NW at it's finest - near Nichia 219... If Olight ever put that in the S2, I'm in...

wweiss

Enlightened
The TN12 is your "normal" sized light...very common among the big manufacturers. The Zebralight SC63 is a great option. The Olight S2 looks nice as well, but I will never buy another with their nasty cool white LEDs.

The TN12 2016 in NW is one of the best combinations of throw and flood and perimeter awareness. That little reflector is a wonder - why is it so hard to get this right in other lights?

parametrek

Enlightened
This is one of those questions the Parametrek tool is handy for, although it's not comprehensive and you may encounter a few mistakes here and there

Thanks! Please say something if you find a mistake. I fix them as soon as I come across them.

What should be added to make it more comprehensive?

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
The TN12 2016 in NW is one of the best combinations of throw and flood and perimeter awareness. That little reflector is a wonder - why is it so hard to get this right in other lights?

This has also been my experience. The beam is perfect for every use I have. I primarily use it for hiking and the bright & wide flood combined with a fairly large hot spot that throws 226 metres deals with everything I need from a single flashlight in the woods.

That being said I would also like a smaller light, especially when I'm hiking in shorts.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I agree - just got an S2 and the thing has great form factor, but the quality of the light is blue/ghost/harsh/vampire... I love the quality of my S Mini Baton TI - NW at it's finest - near Nichia 219... If Olight ever put that in the S2, I'm in...

I love the S2 form factor as well, but I don't use it because of the LED.... More like an emergency light for me... Would love to see that light with a high CRI LED... I don't need the 900 or so lumens...

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! Please say something if you find a mistake. I fix them as soon as I come across them.

What should be added to make it more comprehensive?

I'll try to remember to send a message next time I notice an error. I know I've seen a couple minor dimension and output errors in the past.

I can't recall what brand it was at the moment, but I remember thinking yesterday when I posted the link that a reasonably well-known brand is missing from the database.