Jetbeam Jet-II MK,, XP-L HI 16340 Light with a Tripod Mount: Video Review

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I got this Jetbeam Jet-II MK from the Jetbeamstore.com for review.

Jet-II MK has beats its 500 lumen claim by a fair margin in testing with a 16340 rechargeable battery. However, the most interesting thing I find with this light is that it has a standard tripod mount in a tiny cr123 primary. This makes for a fair amount of alternative applications for the light beyond a standard flashlight. I'll elaborate in the video. Working on my layout for videos but I find that ideas about an outcome and an outcome can be very different. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome. Unless they're bad :naughty: lol.

Watch on YouTube

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their $13 AA model also has the 1/4"-20 hole,very handy!
Evidently the hole is for a spike for window breaking that I have read about but never seen anywhere.
The AA light is also really bright and can run on 14500s too.

Then there is the "Death Bezel" version of the 123 light and again the threaded spike hole.

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Their $13 AA model also has the 1/4"-20 hole,very handy!
Evidently the hole is for a spike for window breaking that I have read about but never seen anywhere.
The AA light is also really bright and can run on 14500s too.

Then there is the "Death Bezel" version of the 123 light and again the threaded spike hole.
I find it interesting. Won't go as far as to say "multi-tool", but having the option of mounting the light, or mounting something to the light, for the purpose of tacticality or practicality, while not new, it's also not an area that has by any means been extensively explored. With this Jet-II, personally I don't think of it so much as a light to carry around, as a light to stick somewhere, whether on a pre-existing mount I've place for temporary illumination when I'm at that location, or even some permanent fixture. Just unscrew and recharge battery when needed. I don't know about breaking glass or having some impact weapon being routinely functional. I suppose in a "once in a lifetime" event, I would be glad I had it.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it interesting. Won't go as far as to say "multi-tool", but having the option of mounting the light, or mounting something to the light, for the purpose of tacticality or practicality, while not new, it's also not an area that has by any means been extensively explored. With this Jet-II, personally I don't think of it so much as a light to carry around, as a light to stick somewhere, whether on a pre-existing mount I've place for temporary illumination when I'm at that location, or even some permanent fixture. Just unscrew and recharge battery when needed. I don't know about breaking glass or having some impact weapon being routinely functional. I suppose in a "once in a lifetime" event, I would be glad I had it.
I agree,I find myself looking for things to mount to!?

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I agree,I find myself looking for things to mount to!?
Yes, much more often than I find myself looking for things to break. lol, I get the mounting, as I can count both my hands on both my ears. If I have to hold my flashlight than it leaves one hand available for working. It's hard to work with one hand.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, much more often than I find myself looking for things to break. lol, I get the mounting, as I can count both my hands on both my ears. If I have to hold my flashlight than it leaves one hand available for working. It's hard to work with one hand.

You are supposed to have the light in your mouth.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
You are supposed to have the light in your mouth.
LOL. I take it from your username you may have put together more than a few surround systems. From your last post I'm guessing a chronically sore jaw as well. Let us not wholly bypass the good ol' headlamp.