A general complaint to Fenix Outfitters/mixed review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capolini

Banned
I have always like them until now. Judy has always given me great customer service and probably still would but I have no interest in doing business with them again.

Here is the problem I have them. They are biased and give a SKEWED view of their products! It is that simple. I returned the Fenix ARE-C2+ for many reasons. There was no problem doing that. The issue is when I posted a review of that product, they failed to use it. I was told it takes 1 week to post. It has been close to a month! I know...some of you are going to say they have a right NOT to use it. I will say fine,,, I did NOT see One negative review on their entire website!!! lol!

If you read the reviews,every one that I read was positive. 5 stars,that is NOT reality!They are simple One maybe Two sentence comments by the average Joe flashlight guy who most likely does not have the benefit of learning what we can learn on here!

I could post several examples of dealers who are NOT biased. I will give One example. I posted a not so favorable review on Illumns about a year ago. Guess what? Craig posted it and it is still there! I have seen other mediocre reviews that are posted on his website. That is the way it should be so the public is not manipulated and possibly deceived by a mediocre or bad product. That[ALL 5 Stars] kind of review only benefits the dealer to make them look good and maybe sell more of a questionable product that certainly does not warrant 5 Stars!

Your average Joe does not know about CPF to learn about a product that he may get. I will say this. I also emailed main HQ to try and get more/real answers on exactly what the charge current options were? The specs say 1amp charge only yet she tried to convince me that it adjusts for the smaller batteries! NOT,,,There was no switch and there was nothing smart at all about the charger changing currents! It charged all batteries at 1 amp,and they were promoting 10440,16340 and 14500 at that current!

In closing, Fenix outfitters has always given me good customer service. However, whatever dept. is responsible for posting the reviews failed badly just to save their face! I will add that I sent them an email several days ago to express my concerns,,,,,,,,,NO RESPONSE!:shakehead Maybe they will see this!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Re: Mostly jeers to Fenix Outfitters/mixed review

Thread moved to the Cafe.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix Outfitters has communicated through email with the writer concerning this post. We let the writer know:

1. We didn't get his first review and asked him to write the review again. Once he did that, we released the review.
2. We DEFINITELY do not withhold reviews of products. That's an unfair statement and is contrary to the integrity of our company.
3. As far as no response, there was no response on his first review since we never received it in our system. Once he emailed us with the same content as in this post, we responded promptly. The email was the first we had heard of his review issue with Fenix Outfitters.

Fenix Outfitters will continue to provide exemplary service to its customers.

I have always like them until now. Judy has always given me great customer service and probably still would but I have no interest in doing business with them again.

Here is the problem I have them. They are biased and give a SKEWED view of their products! It is that simple. I returned the Fenix ARE-C2+ for many reasons. There was no problem doing that. The issue is when I posted a review of that product, they failed to use it. I was told it takes 1 week to post. It has been close to a month! I know...some of you are going to say they have a right NOT to use it. I will say fine,,, I did NOT see One negative review on their entire website!!! lol!

If you read the reviews,every one that I read was positive. 5 stars,that is NOT reality!They are simple One maybe Two sentence comments by the average Joe flashlight guy who most likely does not have the benefit of learning what we can learn on here!

I could post several examples of dealers who are NOT biased. I will give One example. I posted a not so favorable review on Illumns about a year ago. Guess what? Craig posted it and it is still there! I have seen other mediocre reviews that are posted on his website. That is the way it should be so the public is not manipulated and possibly deceived by a mediocre or bad product. That[ALL 5 Stars] kind of review only benefits the dealer to make them look good and maybe sell more of a questionable product that certainly does not warrant 5 Stars!

Your average Joe does not know about CPF to learn about a product that he may get. I will say this. I also emailed main HQ to try and get more/real answers on exactly what the charge current options were? The specs say 1amp charge only yet she tried to convince me that it adjusts for the smaller batteries! NOT,,,There was no switch and there was nothing smart at all about the charger changing currents! It charged all batteries at 1 amp,and they were promoting 10440,16340 and 14500 at that current!

In closing, Fenix outfitters has always given me good customer service. However, whatever dept. is responsible for posting the reviews failed badly just to save their face! I will add that I sent them an email several days ago to express my concerns,,,,,,,,,NO RESPONSE!:shakehead Maybe they will see this!

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will add a quick note to say that in my experience, I have always been treated fairly by Fenix Outfitters(full disclosure: I won a free flashlight from one of their giveaways. I have also purchased multiple products in different orders as well). I would also like to point out that in my experience Cap has also been fair. I now look forward to his response to the comments left by Fenix Store. I appreciate CPF because there is no "favoritism" or politics in most interactions. We all benefit from open and honest communications. I look forward to seeing if this issue is resolved in fairness to all involved...

Capolini

Banned
Fenix Outfitters has communicated through email with the writer concerning this post. We let the writer know:

1. We didn't get his first review and asked him to write the review again. Once he did that, we released the review.
2. We DEFINITELY do not withhold reviews of products. That's an unfair statement and is contrary to the integrity of our company.
3. As far as no response, there was no response on his first review since we never received it in our system. Once he emailed us with the same content as in this post, we responded promptly. The email was the first we had heard of his review issue with Fenix Outfitters.

Fenix Outfitters will continue to provide exemplary service to its customers.

#1. It took over 3 weeks to post my review.

#2. In the mean time Two "POSITIVE" reviews were posted on March 12th and March 19th. Mine was originally written on February 26th and then another one several days later.According to the website when I posted them it had been processed.It was finally posted on March 24th.

This is what I saw when I completed both reviews:

THANK YOU FOR POSTING A REVIEW!
We value your input. Share your review so everyone else can enjoy it too.

How did that happen? Yet they were somehow never posted Until I contacted them again.

#3. I do not fabricate events in order to make someone look bad.

#4. You also said that my information was Unfounded! NOT TRUE. The dates and the events happened.

Maybe you need a new company to post your reviews. It is ironic how Two positive reviews are posted and mine never was until I contacted you a few more times.

I spent enough time and energy the last month contacting Fenix outfitters and Main HQ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Time to move on.;)

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok - I think this thread has gone far enough. Time to shut it down. Further communications and issues should take place outside of CPF. Thank you for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.