Replacement for surefire LM90 weapon light?

quixote

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I have recently bought a surefire 917FA forend tactical weapon light for my M1 super 90. But the light it came with is surefire lamp flashlight LM90 (uses 3 CR123 batteries). Honestly I think it's a bit outdated and it's only 125 lumen.
Is there any shorter, brighter LED flashlight that I can use to replace the LM90?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes - lots of them.

Look up Arisaka Defense. They carry the Surefire 300 (single cell) Scout, the 600 (double cell) Scout, Streamlight Protac 1 and 2 cell lights, as well as their own 300 series (single cell) or 600 series (double cell) running a Malkoff head.

I *think* you could get an LED upgrade to your SF 917, but I need to do some research first.

quixote

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Malkoff forend upgrade might be just what I need, although it's expensive.

quixote

Newly Enlightened
Buy once, cry once! You can't go wrong with Malkoff.

I decided to upgrade to Malkoff Devices MDSFFE-2 Two Cell Light instead of the drop in. I don't know what battery it uses yet.
Do you know where I can get the bottom cap( switch) for the LM90 and make it an extra flashlight standalone?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PK, the inventor of right many of the SureFire weapon lights has a weapon light called the PRX that rail mounts, uses 1 CR123 and puts out 500+ real lumens.
Check out PK Design Lab dot com for info if you're interested.