Thrunite TN40 vs Niwalker MM20EB vs ??

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
My how far we've come in flashlight technology!

I've been patiently waiting to replace my old Amondotech N30 (30w HID ~3000lm). The NiMH battery is custom and dead. I purchased Keypower 18650 batteries for it (3 in series) and it works...but I'd rather have an LED to either match or beat its performance.

I've REALLY been eyeing the Thrunite TN40S in Neutral White forn $189. ~4000 lumens (NW) and 1151m throw.

Going Gear has the Niwalker MM20eb on clearance for $99. 3500 lumens and 660m of throw.

I was originally considering the Fenix RC40 (6000 lumens with 730m throw) but @ almost $400 it just wasn't worth it for me.

i was also considering the lumen monster Imalent DT70(16,000 lumens) especially its sale price ($189) but I was not going to take a risk dealing with a shipment from a China and the average 2 month turnaround time if it was DOA.

so what do you think? Do you recommend anything else?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Normally I don't answer "Recommend Me a Light For..." threads, because what the person thinks is important and what I like can be very disparate. But, since you posted in "LED Flashlights" section, and therefor your topic stands out among the other topics in this forum section and therefore can not be easily bypassed, I will give it my best shot.

Here goes:

All of the lights you mentioned are awesome. I recommend you buy all of the one that you really think you would like, and then tell us which ones you like and why.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha.. that is probably the greatest non-answer...answer. 😂

If i had the time and money to buy and try I would. I've seen plenty of TN40 videos and reviews that I'm pretty sure I'm convinced. I was just hoping for a little more input or perhaps other options I might have missed.

ven

Flashaholic
Out of your choices there, the thrunite would be my one. Thrunite build/quality is pretty close to perfect these days, also less chance of any little QC/gremlins that have been known with NiWalker. Dont rule out the k60 from acebeam, better still in v54 flavour with the shaved dome.

Imalent, that is easy..............steer clear. Too much risk in poor QC and lack of customer service imho, avoid for now.

RC40 is a beast, very high quality and can handle the heat without a sweat, still $400 is a lot of investment if your not 100% on it.

All things considered(cost/beam profile/UI/quality............bang for buck!) the k60vn still has it
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/k60vn-need-spec

Good luck on your search:)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, in addition to what ven indicates in the post located above this post,

Greatest led light: Acebeam X65vn. Anything else is less. This is a full-size light that puts the fullest amount of light out there, where lesser lights can not.

If the greatest is too much, then the next is the TN40SVN. The "VN" is in capitals, because out go the four XP-L leds of the stock light, and in come the four killer XHP35 HI in their stead.

There are dedicated throwers, and dedicated flooders, and smaller lights too. But, I think that you should go for one of the two killer lights that I mentioned above.

ven

Flashaholic
Good options mr buff, the x65vn is a beast for sure, just was not sure on mr agents budget or how much he is happy to part with. When it comes to high output needs coupled with run times, big boys need to be broken out.

k60vn and x65vn

Disclaimer- All pictures are only there to help spend your money, no lights where hurt in this post:D

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My how far we've come in flashlight technology!

I've been patiently waiting to replace my old Amondotech N30 (30w HID ~3000lm). The NiMH battery is custom and dead. I purchased Keypower 18650 batteries for it (3 in series) and it works...but I'd rather have an LED to either match or beat its performance.

I've REALLY been eyeing the Thrunite TN40S in Neutral White forn $189. ~4000 lumens (NW) and 1151m throw.

Going Gear has the Niwalker MM20eb on clearance for $99. 3500 lumens and 660m of throw.

I was originally considering the Fenix RC40 (6000 lumens with 730m throw) but @ almost $400 it just wasn't worth it for me.

i was also considering the lumen monster Imalent DT70(16,000 lumens) especially its sale price ($189) but I was not going to take a risk dealing with a shipment from a China and the average 2 month turnaround time if it was DOA.

so what do you think? Do you recommend anything else?

NL recommend thrunite tn40s. ( for the stock version).

if you dont like factory UI and led, then i will recommend fenix tk75vn xml pdt with driver vnx. ( cost more money).

Gl.

Last edited:

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you everyone for you recommendation. I had a gut feeling the conversation would turn to VN modded lights! 😂

Unfortunately Ven's lights are monetarily out of my reach and it looks like many of them resort to high drain, unprotected cells, which I'm not ready to play with yet. So that also means even the stock K60 is out...which is too bad because I was really liking that one, too!

So I've settled on the TN40S and I'll be using the Keeppower 3400 protected cells I was using on my HID project light. Now... I'm just waiting for Thrunite to release a warm tint batch again.

Thanks again, everyone!!

Good options mr buff, the x65vn is a beast for sure, just was not sure on mr agents budget or how much he is happy to part with. When it comes to high output needs coupled with run times, big boys need to be broken out.

k60vn and x65vn

Disclaimer- All pictures are only there to help spend your money, no lights where hurt in this post:D