hi im new just brought my first big flashlight the Convoy L6 having problems :(

Cambsflyer

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone my name is Wayne I live in the UK and have just started to buy some powerful flashlights.
I've just purchased the Convoy L6 and 2 26650 XTAR 5000MAH Batterys and my charger is the Nitecore D4.
Once I've put the batterys in and their a snug fit, but slide down nevertheless I can't seem to make the L6 power up, both batts show good voltage readings on the D4, I've double checked their in the correct way, but
All the button pressing in the world won't fire her up, can someone please offer any advice, I purchased it from Gear Best, the batterys came from a UK supplier who said their sufficient for its power needs, and i always use home based suppliers so not to accidentally buy a knock off Chinese clone.
Right now after waiting 3 days for the batterys to arrive I'm pretty gutted, so if anyone can help me it'll be warmly appreciated.
Thank you :)

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
Is the battery a flat top or button top?

And you're using the tailclicky to turn it on, right?

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

stephenk

Enlightened
^ The smooth or tactical ring needs to be tight, otherwise the tailcap will not make contact, preventing the light from turning on. That caught me out once.

I assume the 26650s are making contact with each other, and inserted with +ve end towards the head?