Anyone have feedback on these lights?

jurgo87

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight has not more then 300 lumens, and the cells are Chinese ultrafire, this is why it is so cheap.
8000 lumens 😂😂😂

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened

ven

Flashaholic
Just avoid slack, they are junk.................if it is CREE or not is another thing, either way they will flicker and fail pretty quick. Emergency use.............certainly not! The charger and cell/s are junk too, better off spending a little more and maybe try out a convoy s2+ with a preferred colour temp. Or for something more throwy, the bigger brother C8 with an xpl HI option thrown in. That way your getting some decent bang for buck and not throwing $10 away.....................imo.

As your into surefire, maybe check out malkoff and elzetta for tough lights which will help you out come any emergency.

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened
FWIW... I own a similar cheap light - the OxyLED MD50 that I got on sale for $10. As far as I can tell, it is a legit XM-L T6. I prefer it to my Convoy C8 for indoor/general close range use since my C8 has the XP-L HI and is really a thrower. The MD50 is a cheap zoomable and I just keep it at the widest setting to use as a flood. I don't trust the battery or charger, though, so I trashed them. I just use the 3xAAA adapter and have no worries leaving it with my wife or whomever is not educated on lithium batteries. It's plenty bright with 3xAAA and I really consider these as 3xAAA lights anyway. I would get a Convoy as a real 18650 light.

For $10, other people can use it, abuse it, drop it or whatever and I don't care. With how cheap they are, I'm thinking about buying 1-2 more (or maybe even the cheaper eBay/GB/BG/AliEx specials) and leaving them in cars since I personally don't like leaving my nicer lights unattended in vehicles anyway.

EDIT: Actually, I was able to find unbranded versions of the "MD50" on eBay for $5/each. I'm buying those as disposable 3xAAA lights. I already have a bunch of the Sipik SK68 clones that I got for only ~$1.50 and the $5 lights are far far brighter.

Last edited:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
So cheap and high powered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Sets-8000...019089?hash=item3ade337b91:g:OqQAAOSwCU1Y05Sm

I've always used Surefire...for one main reason. Whenever I go to them they light up. The cheap lights look tempting, but can they be depended on in an emergency? Also, 8000 lumens? Seems unreal.

If you saw a city car advertised at 2000hp would you beleive it? Seriously though, some budget lights can be very good, some ok and many junk. However if cheap enough can still be usable.

If you fancy something budget priced, check out Convoy lights. Buy direct from them via their Aliexpress store, or if you prefer to use PayPal, buy from a retailer like banggood.com

High quality lights, but low price point.