My 47 Malelstorm stopped a Mugging! Unbelievable event last night.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, this is not a April Fools joke either.
Last night around 9:30 pm I went outside to check on a battery charger I put on my truck. Prior to going outside, I grabbed the Malestorm MMU-X3R that I had just cleaned and put fresh Nyogel on the tail cap threads & put a fresh King Kong in. The light had been acting strange and had not working properly. So I was basically just testing it. I figured I would check on my vehicle with the battery charging and test out the light and play with a Manker Quad I had in my pocket.

When I was done checking on the vehicle I walked to the front yard and lit it up, then I noticed my typical teen had left the bike in the front grass. So I walked over to the bike and hopped on it. When I turned it around I hear the sound of heavy foot steps about 50 yards away, it sounded like heavy lugged boots hitting the ground. I looked down the street and see two guys running up/around a neighbor walking his dog. I had no clue what was actually going on and at first thought it was just neighbors playing around, but lit up the "event" with the Maelstrom on High.
I see two dudes turn and run, one sorta looked like he was wearing a bandanna. Still not knowing what really just happened I turn off the light, then a few seconds later my neighbor is running towards me still holding his dog on the leash. I light things up again and he ran into my yard. He was in a pure panic and could barely breath saying they ran up on/around him and said, give me your wallet and watch!

I lit the area up again and they were long gone down another street. Crazy part is after my neighbor calmed down he said he never even noticed me shine the light either time, and he had no clue why they ran off! lol

What are the odds of this event happening in the first place, then me being there with a fist full of lumens instantly ready to light things up?

After the police arrived and took a report I went to turn on the Maelstrom and it had stopped working! Now I can hear a buzzing sound from the driver no matter what cell I use. Pretty wild it worked when I needed it then stopped. Such a strange night for me. Now I have to send the light back to 47.

Now I guess the neighbors know why I am always packing a light and a firearm. Yes, last night I was packing my favorite Glock .357 Sig and had a Koster WSS blade in my pocket. :)

Going back a few years, a event that occurred in my driveway and I rarely go outside unarmed. Heck, I even cut the grass armed. Back then, it was around 2 pm on a Saturday, I was working on my golf cart behind my SUV and some dude just pulled right up in my driveway acting like he had some type emergency. There was no way he saw me in the driveway. I guess he saw the garage door open?
He claimed he was out of gas and needed money!!! He was all cracked out and his arms were flinging all around. As I yelled get the **** off my property he kept coming my way. Then he noticed the lug wrench I was holding. I guess that changed his mind.

Now I keep a old tire iron hidden in my bushes just in case I am outside unarmed. lol
Oh, just for folks knowledge, I don't live in a bad part of town and crimes in my hood are very rare. Only problems we have are drug heads coming along at night and checking car doors for easy victims. Every month or so I read about someone who left there vehicle unlocked and had stuff removed.

So I thought I would share that wild story with y'all. I bet it will never happen again. But it was nice to be prepared and I know my neighbor was extremely thankful for me loving flashlights too.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad it worked out well. It's hard to get over firing your gun at someone, so thank God for flashaholics!!! The best thing you did was assessing the situation constantly. Don't take chances though. Start looking for cover the moment you realize things aren't right. Go over in your mind what you would have done If it happens again. Would you do things differently? What if they came towards you, how would you handle it. Believe it or not, those mental exercises are as good a training as any [emoji106]

When I turned it around I hear the sound of heavy foot steps about 50 yards away, it sounded like heavy lugged boots hitting the ground. I looked down the street and see two guys running up/around a neighbor walking his dog. I had no clue what was actually going on and at first thought it was just neighbors playing around, but lit up the "event" with the Maelstrom on High.
I see two dudes turn and run, one sorta looked like he was wearing a bandanna. Still not knowing what really just happened I turn off the light, then a few seconds later my neighbor is running towards me still holding his dog on the leash. I light things up again and he ran into my yard. He was in a pure panic and could barely breath saying they ran up on/around him and said, give me your wallet and watch!

I lit the area up again and they were long gone down another street. Crazy part is after my neighbor calmed down he said he never even noticed me shine the light either time, and he had no clue why they ran off! lol

What are the odds of this event happening in the first place, then me being there with a fist full of lumens instantly ready to light things up?

After the police arrived and took a report I went to turn on the Maelstrom and it had stopped working! Now I can hear a buzzing sound from the driver no matter what cell I use. Pretty wild it worked when I needed it then stopped. Such a strange night for me.

Reads as a case of Devine intervention to me. :bow:

~ Chance

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Reads as a case of Devine intervention to me. :bow:

~ Chance

^^ This!!!!
God is good.

Glad it all worked out.

Now to get the visual goneof some sweaty shirtless dude in gym shorts with a bog ole Glock fastened cutting grass...
Trouble is, the sweaty fat guy across the street from me carries his 380 while cutting grass. :eek:

Make it stop!!!

Last edited: