6P Defender bezel replacement?

Strintguy

Enlightened
Hello, I have looked, but can't get a clear answer. Can I successfully replace the crenelated bezel of my 6P Defender with another flat one? I thought I'd get a definitive answer before I try to crank the thing off...
thanks

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't the bezel just unscrew like any of the other bezels from Surefire? I just glanced over at our favorite auction site and found at least one Z44 and KM3 replacement bezel with no problem. The 6P should have the same C-size threads that all of the original two cell lights like the original 6P, the C2 and C3, the G2 and G3, etc. have. Lumens Factory even has some C to M adapters that would allow you to use one of their M series Turbo heads. Unfortunately, they are all natural finish, and not black.

You can also check the Modders forum here as well, as well as the WTS (Want To Sell) threads.

EDness

Newly Enlightened
My question is, what's the easiest way to get the old one out?

ven

Flashaholic
Is there any pics to be exact, not sure on bezel type...............i am presuming like threaded and unscrews. In past if tight, i just place into carpet push down and undo.

Is it similar to the 3rd light here, if so then unscrews

EDness

Newly Enlightened
I have a 6P...so it looks like the first one on the left.

ven

Flashaholic
The plastic inner bezel ring can be a pita on those. Very careful with circlip pliers or an actual tool. Iirc oveready sell them, also the EDC+ cases have it built into the base. Just fits in to undo the ring........

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are we talking about removing a crenelated ring on the front of the bezel, or the entire bezel. I was under the impression that the crenelation on the 6P defender was all one piece with the rest of the bezel. If it is a separate part, then yes, it should unscrew and one can find all sorts of bezels around to replace it. Or, if it does unscrew, you could just take it off and not replace it. But then you run the risk of screwing up the threads and not being able to put a ring back on later.

Edit: I went looking for some images to see if I could get a closeup. I found this image that shows a clearly third party bezel, so the answer is that yes, the crenelation by itself can be unscrewed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...eCCuYn6yr6UY5KOE1MeNMGng&ust=1491361495410942

One can see the indentations on the inside of the bezel used to screw/unscrew it. I found another image of the original and it had similar indentations. Worst case, take it to a jeweler or a watch place. They should have the tools and experience to remove it for you, possibly for a slight fee.

ven

Flashaholic
I have a 6P...so it looks like the first one on the left.

Just swapped some bezel rings now, as expected the plastic inner bezel ring was tight! and glued in for good measure. Head removed so no pressure inside from the p60/lens pushing against. Used the EDC+ plastic case

I like the xeno bezel rings(and OR ones when in stock)

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you get the neat tool?

One of those Xeno diffuser-tool combos or just tool. Edcplus has them. I have one as well. The teeth fit perfectly into the Xeno bezel grooves, but a bit too big for stock SF grooves. But no problem with preheating.

ven

Flashaholic
Where did you get the neat tool?

Its the actual base of the plastic case that the EDCplus triple comes in Tim.

The last one(plastic surefire) i have done, look close at the pic and the teeth on the tool. Thats how tight it was!!