Mach3, Schick or other? What do you use?

Do you think HID is the future of hand-held lighting?

• Gillette Mach3, or Mach 3 Turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schick Quattro

• Something else. . .

• Total voters

DashingMan

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, Im new and have a weird question. What Razor products do you use when you shave? Mach 3? M3 Turbo? Schick Quattro? Other? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

By the way, I just ordered a black X5 w/ Green LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
M3 turbo. Tried the shick quattro - blades are too close together (fills up fast), and it's a pretty harsh shave.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been the Mach 3 turbo for a while now. I tried a Schick 3 blade that was sent as a demo and it worked great, but dulled too quickly.

bryguy42

Newly Enlightened
MACH III TURBO!!! You have to TRY to cut yourself with one of these...

And even then it's difficult!

GILLETTE RULES!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back when I was married (over 12 years ago), the wife went to Costco one day and bought a large bag (50) of Gillette Good News disposable razors. Six more to go and I'll be shopping for something better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Like everyone really needed to know that.

Dan

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i use the Mach 3.
i'd really like to have one of those self-cleaning shavers that cost over a hundred dollars tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have used the Mach 3 since it was out. Before that the Sensor. I tried new Schick products whenever they came out for years and finally learned that they would never make anything but junk. Shaving is an ordeal for me; I don't need a self sacrifice.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been using Mach3's for a while, and just bought a Braun 8590. Its my first electric razor, and while it doesnt shave as close as a razor, its close enough and way more convenient.

kaseri

Enlightened
I use a Merkur Slant Bar safety razor. It takes double edge blades. It takes a while to get used to it but man it shaves close.

scuba

Enlightened
Mach 3 when I have time but mostly use electric now. Went for the best with Panasonic Linear serie. Very expensive but incredibly good.

DaveT

Enlightened
I've been using the Sensor, and lately the Target knockoffs. I got a Mach 3 sample in the mail, and now I can't wait to use up the last of my Target knockoffs and buy Mach 3s.

avusblue

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
Geez, I still use a 20th-century Sensor (not even the Sensor XL).

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, but reading this thread, now I plan to try the Mach 3.

ksbman

Flashaholic*
I use a Mach 3 but I did buy a Merkur Vision DE a couple of months ago to give it a try.

After using the Vision exclusively for two months I've come to the conclusion that I suck at "old fashioned" shaving. I could not get the hang of finding the right angle for each part of my face.

I just went back to using the Mach 3 last week.

One thing I did learn is that I will no longer use aerosol shaving cream. I now use Baxter of California Super Close Shave Formula and a good badger brush to apply the cream.

I was very impressed with the difference those two items made with my every other day (lazy) shave.

Here are a couple of good shaving forums if anyone is interested.

The Essential Man

WetShavers