Muyshondt best light question

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently acquired an Aeon Mk II and was impressed given the size. I ve used to reasonable output lights and the aeon is all I have under 200 lumens... looking at the Mk II and Fleiger Mk I. What would be the best choice?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly sure what your question is, but congrats on acquiring an Aeon Mk. II. The Flieger is a much larger light than the Aeon, the Flieger is powered by an 18650 cell. It's fitted with an XPL 4000K emitter which produces just over 700 lumens. It's available in titanium (3 choices for finish), or aluminum bronze. It's a fairly heavy light, and not really ideal for everyday pocket carry IMO... but i dont like any 18650 sized lights for edc carry so take that into consideration. The Flieger is one of my very favorite lights. It's beam is absolutely gorgeous and it's very powerful for a single-cell, single-emitter torch. It provides good coverage and has excellent reach. It's a very clean looking, handsome torch. I highly recommend the Flieger to discerning, likeminded enthusiasts such as myself. lol

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
From left: Maus Mk. I, Aeon Mk. III, Flieger Mk. I.

IMG_20170325_192536_200.jpg

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer, what's your thoughts on the Aeon? It's a pretty light but it's a bit on the small side and the cr2 can be a turnoff.

I believe you may have a couple other lights, what would you compare it to and what are some pros &a cons?

(Hope this isn't hijacking OP's thread, I believe he would want the info too)

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry oz you're not hijacking the thread. I like the looks of the aeon but the YouTube videos aren't showing me what I want to know plus being in the U.K. It's not like I can just get something sent here and I can't afford to bite the bullet any more then find out I m not happy. I wind up losing money. I need to know the ins and outs before I commit now days. Hence the sale of some of my other lights.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer, what's your thoughts on the Aeon? It's a pretty light but it's a bit on the small side and the cr2 can be a turnoff.

I believe you may have a couple other lights, what would you compare it to and what are some pros &a cons?

(Hope this isn't hijacking OP's thread, I believe he would want the info too)

I can't think of any cons regarding the Aeon Mk. lll, unless you just really need more than 160 lumens. It's by far my most carried light. I prefer this size light for everyday pocket carry and the Aeon has never failed to meet any needs I've had. If on the occasion I think I might need more muscle (and if I'm wearing comfortable pants :)) then I'll grab my Boss 70, otherwise it's the Aeon.

It has 3 well spaced modes and a quality tailswitch, which I really like as most all my other similar sized lights are twistys. You don't need me to quote Enrique's Aeon page from his site, but all the things that he's put into this torch is what makes it my choice nearly every morning. It has exceptional beam quality with the high cri 219B and parabolic reflector, and the sapphire crystal lens is also a nice added touch. Honestly, if I could think of anything negative about the Aeon I would tell you... Enrique hasn't sent me a check in weeks. Little humor there for ya.

In regards to the CR2... I don't know what your issues might be, but I got 2 UltraFire rechargeable cells with my Aeon and I've had no issues in the 9 or 10 months since. I can't even remember the last time I had to charge one.

20170406_194740.jpg

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't think of any cons regarding the Aeon Mk. lll, unless you just really need more than 160 lumens. It's by far my most carried light. I prefer this size light for everyday pocket carry and the Aeon has never failed to meet any needs I've had. If on the occasion I think I might need more muscle (and if I'm wearing comfortable pants :)) then I'll grab my Boss 70, otherwise it's the Aeon.

It has 3 well spaced modes and a quality tailswitch, which I really like as most all my other similar sized lights are twistys. You don't need me to quote Enrique's Aeon page from his site, but all the things that he's put into this torch is what makes it my choice nearly every morning. It has exceptional beam quality with the high cri 219B and parabolic reflector, and the sapphire crystal lens is also a nice added touch. Honestly, if I could think of anything negative about the Aeon I would tell you... Enrique hasn't sent me a check in weeks. Little humor there for ya.

In regards to the CR2... I don't know what your issues might be, but I got 2 UltraFire rechargeable cells with my Aeon and I've had no issues in the 9 or 10 months since. I can't even remember the last time I had to charge one.

20170406_194740.jpg

Where did you get the cells and how do you charge them? And how do they compare to the primaries? The main thing that's held me back from a Muyshondt is the cell choice :(

craniotes

Newly Enlightened
Have you considered the new Beagle?

Flood + throw in a relatively compact package and it can run on both 18350s or CR123s. Versatility is the name of the game with this one.

Regards,
Adam

PS - FWIW, the Aeon Mk.III punches far above it's 160 lumen output would suggest.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I'd get a Beagle but the $595 price is out of reach. I was hoping for an aluminum version but Enrique said that he wasn't going to make any in aluminum.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ve used to reasonable output lights and the aeon is all I have under 200 lumens... looking at the Mk II and Fleiger Mk I....

which modes interest you?:

1, 15-, and 160-lumen

1, 15, 70 lumens flood, and 165, and 435 lumens flood and throw.

1, 25, 100, 500, and a 720

oh, and Wow to the Beagle!
34866229860_f66708e7a2_b.jpg

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Video on YouTube coming soon for the Flieger MK I Black prototype
sdsteveb

Last edited: