nitecore tm26 vs olight x7 marauder vs thrunite tn36?

zarko550

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm just curious what the CPF public thinks about these 3 lights. Which is their preffered light and why.
And is there another competitor with can shaped dimensions, that can beat these 3 with it's runtime and sheer lumen power.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Poor Zarko never got a reply but better late than never... All three of these are great lights but the TM26 is not comparable to the X7 and the TN36. The TM26 is my "go for a walk around the neighborhood" light because it puts out a ton of light but does not have too wide of a beam. It brilliantly lights up my path but not so wide that it shines into houses along the path. The TN36 and X7 are flood lights and are fairly comparable to each other. They put out an extremely wide wall of light that is perfect for lighting up an entire backyard without having to sweep end-to-end. They aren't lights that you'd take for a walk around the neighborhood. They also don't throw as far as a TM26 because their light is dispersed across such a wide area. The flood lights would probably be better suited to a walk in the woods so you could see as much around you as possible.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Ok i've got the first two the TM26 and the X7. Personally, I still like the TM26 better, instant turbo with the TM26, neat LED, internal charging, and the switch is the bomb. The X7 is likely brighter a little, but it's awkward in my hand and the switch is not nearly as good to me. If I'm out walking around the Tm26 hands down for me.

zephyr424

Newly Enlightened
I have the TM28 which is similar to the TM26. Along with the nice battery pack. Surprised this guy doesn't get more love. It's one beautiful light. The digital interface is cool and it reminds me of a modern version of my father's old police Maglite. Without the battery pack the sucker quickly gets very hot. With it, no problem holding at all. Sweet sweet light.