Thrunite TC10 V2: On duty for 1000+ hours: Did it hold up well?

MarkusFlash

Newly Enlightened
The Thrunite TC10 V2 is not a exciting flashlight: 900 lumens and a USB charging function in a quite large & heavy single 18650 flashlight seem to be a bit outdated perhaps. On top the TC10 is not really inexpensive even though it comes with a 3400 mAh 18650 cell.

However, I bought it a year ago to replace a long string of flashlights that I wore out quickly while on duty in a large nursing home. 2x Thrunite TN12 failed me after a few months and others have come and gone too. Flashlights are dropped quite often and hit the hard ground also I have them switched on for extended periods in a head-down position hanging from my side pocket. This way they serve me most of the time as indirect source of illumination (I explain details in my YouTube-Video).

The TC10 seems to be oversized for indoor use but it is this very overkill in size and weight that makes it very durable. It never gets too hot on high mode and there is no unsustainable turbo mode. It features a stainless steel bezel (coated) that takes every hit like a heavy weight champion. The UI is near perfect except regarding the tactical aspect (which I explain in the video).

Going through more than 1000+ hours of use (at least I carried it on me, it was not always switched on of course) it never let me down. However, it has eaten up two O-rings as there seems to be a minor problem with the machining in the tailcap section. Also I can't see when it is finished with the charging as the indicator LED within the sideswitch does not seem to ever change it's colour.

I would say: The TC10 lacks in elegance and sheer output as it is driven very conservative. But it excells in durability and functionality. I hope for at least 2000 more hours with my TC10!

Latest posts