G2X in bright green ?

radu1976

Enlightened
So , there are 4 regular colours for G2Xes : black, yellow, tan and forrest green.
More rare would be fluorescent yellow - one stage 320 lumens - and orange - fire and rescue 50/320 lumens and PRO 15/320 lumens - Both of those would have a black head.

But I came across that :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-3-Su...083680?hash=item2381d52060:g:JIIAAOSwuLZY5~4o

Bright green body and tailcap look awesome. Find one if you can - in mint condition - !
Tailcap seems to be slighly darker than the body, maybe they were dyed ?!

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's just the way the colour has been rendered.
Aslo, where are you going to find a head? I don't think they'll take z44s, or will they?
P

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My yellow G2x has a head that is slightly "brighter" than the body and tailcap. Almost like the body and tailcap were left in sunlight while the head stayed covered.
I suppose the head was manufactured from a differing batch of liquid nitrolon than the other parts.

But at midnight in the woods I can't tell the difference.

That seller also has a 'hi-liter' yellow G2 clicky.
Nice!

radu1976

Enlightened
I suspect that the light-green G2X had a black head : same it is for the fire & rescue version with fluorescent and orange body and tailcap.
I mean the black head isn't only for the fire & rescue orange and bright yellow models : there's a regular PRO 15/320 lumens orange G2X which has black head like the fireman 50/320 orange G2X which I have.

I noticed that he has a fluorescent tailcap from the one-mode fire and rescue version !
I had some messages changed with him and apparently he had all his stuff from his uncle who passed away. His uncle was in military and he had contacts with police forces as well and he had his stuff from joining every police auction for Surefire stuff. That's new for me, being from Canada I didn't know that police has auctions in the States where they sell Surefire gear.

But that light green tailcap and body must be close to unique.

As the G2X tailcap can be put on 6P I wouldn't surprised if G2X can take G2/6P heads. Did somebody try that ? It's just Surefire glued the G2X head to the body so only with a vice or other method you can take them apart
shrug.gif

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly the G2X heads are not interchangeable with 6P and G2 heads. The latter ones take P60 type drop ins and the G2X is a self contained LED, driver and reflector. As you say the G2X and P2X heads are glued on so it may be a problem getting hold of them.
P