Parasitic Drain on Sidewinder?

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
I own a Streamlight Sidewinder LED light (as one below), and I read that it is prone to parasitic drain.
http://streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/sidewinder

My question is, if I loosen the battery compartment cap, will this prevent parasitic drain?
I use the Energizer AA Lithium batteries and I keep them inside my light the whole time.

Thanks in advance

Taz80

Enlightened
If you turn the light on and then loosen the battery cap you will see that you have to loosen it almost all the way to get the light to turn off. Unless you are willing to leave the battery cap that loose, I'd say no. According to Subwoofer's review the parasitic drain is very small and shouldn't be a problem.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple different Sidewinder models and the parasitic drain hasn't been an issue for me. Subwoofer's reviews are definitely worth reading for some good info. The amount of time to drain varies between the different models according to Subwoofer with the 2AA lasting much longer than the single cell Compact II.

Unless you are keeping the light in long term storage where it is better to have the batteries separate from the light I wouldn't bother trying to keep the battery cap loose. Just keep a spare set of AA lithiums handy.