Arc4 lens change kit accessory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobG

Newly Enlightened
Any idea if there is any thinking at Arc about an accessory for the Arc4 of a lens care/change kit? Something like 3 or 4 of the lenses, the spanner tool, something to remove the retainer, a small tube of polycarbonate polish, a polishing cloth, ..... stuff like that in a small plastic box or pouch with the new Arc logo. I'd buy a couple.

srue

Newly Enlightened
Maybe with some alternate lenses? Like a diffusing lens or pyrex. I'd definitely be in, even with just standard lenses.

paulr

Flashaholic
I haven't had any problem with the lexan lens on mine yet. I would like a diffuser though, or better yet, a replacement reflector that's less directional.

EmissionLine

Newly Enlightened
I think someone in another thread said the spanner alone was $25.00 or so. If the kit was nothing but a tool, some replacement lenses and instructions (important :) I'd buy one.

Except for the AA adaptor for the LS series and a carry pouch, Arc has yet to tap the accessory market. Sure, I could get the parts from somewhere else, but it seems like I order something from Arc every month anyway.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edit: How 'bout some silicone grease? Maybe another O ring. Make it a complete care kit?

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
EmissionLine said:
I think someone in another thread said the spanner alone was $25.00 or so. If the kit was nothing but a tool, some replacement lenses and instructions (important :) I'd buy one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope! I just ordered one from Harbor Freight Tool at $7.99 but shipping/handling add another $8.90 which is a bit high.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reflector in the Arc4 is an integral part of the head and thus cannot be replaced. It would be cool to have a detachable diffuser that can be inserted on top of the existing lens. Would make the Arc4 a great reading light which I now tend to use as such due to the ability to dim and not wanting to wake up my S.O. The hotspot tends to be too intense for this so a diffuser of some sort would be great.

dtrego

Newly Enlightened
CM,
I use a minim@g accessory kit - the rubber bezel/lens holder fits nicely on the Arc4+. I took some very fine (2000 grit) sandpaper to the clear lens that came with the accessory kit and it turned out to be quite useable as a diffuser. There's still a noticeable hotspot, but it transitions into the sidespill much more smoothly.

Wptski,
I saw in another thread that Harbor Freight had that spanner for $4 in the stores. I picked one up - it was marked $7.99, but rang up at $3.99 at the register. Maybe you could call them and get the better price? Might take some of the sting out of the S/H... Ouch!

- Dwayne

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
dtrego said:
CM,
Wptski,
I saw in another thread that Harbor Freight had that spanner for $4 in the stores. I picked one up - it was marked $7.99, but rang up at $3.99 at the register. Maybe you could call them and get the better price? Might take some of the sting out of the S/H... Ouch!

- Dwayne

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well, order is in, although S/H is high, I've been here before! Who wouldn't like to save a few bucks but I'm not going to jump through hoops.

I did find a Harbor Freight in my state but it's too far to drive to save a few bucks again.

I'd just like to know about those glass lenses, some are just glass and another is Lexan coated on one side. What's the advantage of Lexan coated glass? I posted this same question in the other thread talking about replacing the lense but received no reply yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.