AA Head Band

Witterings

Enlightened
I found a Nite Ize Head Band for AA Flashlights ... does anyone know of any other alternatives there don't seem to be that many options available??

Ideally looking for something I can use with a number of different torches .... Manker E11, SK68, ZL SC52w

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mounting on the top strap of the Malkoff headband (best) or Nitecore HB02.

Witterings

Enlightened
I like mounting on the top strap of the Malkoff headband (best) or Nitecore HB02.

Cheers for that ... was there a reason you prefer the Malkoff ... the Nitecore looks to be easier to fit the torches and more versatile but thay may just be the pictures used????

Both good suggestions though and like the fact they both offereither side or on top mounting options !!!!

EDIT: I just looked at the Nitecore in a bit more detail and it says "Simple elastic fastening rings will hold any 25.4mm diameter flashlight." .... do you know if it means UP TO 25.4mm ..... the Manker's only 20mm (torch I'd probably use it with the most) so will it just slip out do you happen to know????

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers for that ... was there a reason you prefer the Malkoff ... the Nitecore looks to be easier to fit the torches and more versatile but thay may just be the pictures used????

Both good suggestions though and like the fact they both offereither side or on top mounting options !!!!

EDIT: I just looked at the Nitecore in a bit more detail and it says "Simple elastic fastening rings will hold any 25.4mm diameter flashlight." .... do you know if it means UP TO 25.4mm ..... the Manker's only 20mm (torch I'd probably use it with the most) so will it just slip out do you happen to know????

I can't use a side mount since I wear eyeglasses and so a floody light's beam will catch my eyeglass frames creating annoying glare near one eye. The Malkoff is sized for a larger head, so that helps me, but also that the NC's narrow elastic strap allows the light to wiggle/bounce too much if you move your head around quickly, esp. with a heavy light. The Malkoff is more stable due to the wider webbing, and also a tighter Velcro fit - it's all around beefier, more serious. The Malkoff can handle wider diameter lights (a thin AA twisty is about the narrowest) while the NC might be suitable for a AAA light, but would be stretching it with 1" diameter lights. It would be easier to stich a couple threads in the Malkoff to tighten it, than to make the NC accept larger diameter. Also the 'point-straight-ahead' side mounts on the NC really don't work, most would want the light to angle down - Malkoffs Velcro mount allows you do so when side mounting.

All that said, except for specific difficult task work like plumbing work under a sink, I actually rarely use any headband as I just don't like carrying bulky single purpose items. For hands-free while camping, I clip and roll my light into my shirt collar under an ear, or rigging a piece cord around my neck in the same spot, or bounce off a tent ceiling, or use a business card (as a photo bounce card) for a outdoor lantern.

Hope that helps.

Witterings

Enlightened
reppans,
Really do appreciate you taking the time to give such detailed information ... I also use eyeglasses for the purpose I want the light for so you've highlighted what could be a eciding point!!!!

Cheers for all your help and input!!!! :)

Last edited: