Tool AAA CRI in Aluminum

ven

Flashaholic
Should be the 219bt, its very nice in the cu and ti TOOL's...................defo money well spent. Only down side with the ano is it chips/wears pretty easy or has done on the few i have had.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice.

Somebody also was selling them third party on Amazon recently for less than $20, but it looks like they've run out.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DLMK0TE/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Lumintop still doesn't list the Nichia as an option in the aluminum body on their website, so I'm guessing they only do these on request if a seller is willing to commit to a certain batch size.

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
Tool in aluminum with nichia 219b? I have one since last year, so it is legit. Perhaps is the same with this?

https://www.lelong.com.my/lumintop-...ght-gadgetworld2u-K5367184-2007-01-Sale-I.htm

Just much cheaper on banggood. Looks like a good deal. Grab one while you can. It's a pretty nice light.

Downside is the mode sequence goes with med-low-high though. I heard the latest version switch to low-med-high if I recall. Do tell us your opinion on the light when you get one. :)

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Downside is the mode sequence goes with med-low-high though. I heard the latest version switch to low-med-high if I recall. Do tell us your opinion on the light when you get one. :)

Apparently the brass version available through the group buy site Mass Drop will have LMH. The CPF thread for that group buy is the only place I've seen LMH mentioned.

Unfortunately, you just made me think about how nice that light looks again, and how few options there are for clicky Nichia AAA lights. Sometimes it's a struggle to not buy lights I don't need...

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
Apparently the brass version available through the group buy site Mass Drop will have LMH. The CPF thread for that group buy is the only place I've seen LMH mentioned.

Unfortunately, you just made me think about how nice that light looks again, and how few options there are for clicky Nichia AAA lights. Sometimes it's a struggle to not buy lights I don't need...

For real? I thought I saw somewhere where the forum member mentioned the latest brass worm will feature L-M-H which had me downcast for the day since my brass worm is M-L-H. :( Is it really tool instead of worm? My memory isn't very dependable to say the least though.

But yeap, those lights are nice nevertheless. I have better preference towards twisty though for AAA so it's fine to me. Only bigger lights like AA I prefer clicky. High CRI Nichia, in general, is pretty scarce in flashlight and I find most are in AAA format. Would be nice if there are more AA based lights with Nichia since the format yield higher output and runtime. If only there are gold brass AA flashlight outputs a golden 4000k Nichia beam and silver stainless steel AA flaslight outputs a pure white 5000k beam... *Alert* *Alert* *Wallet's security compromised* :crazy:

Wicho

Enlightened
I bought 5 of the black aluminum nichia tools last month from Amazon. Great lights. Wanted copper but didn't want to pay the higher price since they were going to be tools (ha!) not shelf queens. I think I paid $20.99 each. Great lights.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
For real? I thought I saw somewhere where the forum member mentioned the latest brass worm will feature L-M-H which had me downcast for the day since my brass worm is M-L-H. :( Is it really tool instead of worm? My memory isn't very dependable to say the least though.

I'm honestly not sure. All I'm saying is the Mass Drop Tool is the only place I'm aware of mention of a LMH mode sequence, and I was under the impression it's for the Mass Drop version only, not for the regular production Tool.

It's completely possible the Worm is getting an LMH makeover and I'm simply not aware of it.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I understand correctly, Rey takes(took) Lumintop lights and changed the driver to be L/M/H. At least that is what the discussion was on the Massdrop brass Tool. I don't know whether he gave Lumintop the different driver to be installed instead of theirs, or if they were exchanged aftermarket.

I do know that I have come to like the M/L/H sequence. There are times that the Low is really nice, but most of the time I would be using it on Medium anyway, so it is nice to have it come on that way.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason I won't use my Tool lights are because of the M-L-H sequence. If someone ​is aware of a version that does L-M-H, please let us know.

The brass Massdrop edition is L-M-H and Rey had his original versions with L-M-H. I purchased a Ti Tool off a Chinese site a couple months ago and it came branded Lumintop with a L-M-H mode order, and has the lowest low of all 3 I have.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The brass Massdrop edition is L-M-H and Rey had his original versions with L-M-H. I purchased a Ti Tool off a Chinese site a couple months ago and it came branded Lumintop with a L-M-H mode order, and has the lowest low of all 3 I have.
Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I won't purchase a brass or copper based light.

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't know of any aluminum tool with l-m-h. I think a mod is your only option.

The ReyLight version of the ti tool was l-m-h but I've seen no stock versions like that.

Copper, the ReyLight version was l-m-h, brass was only available through massdrop and was l-m-h. The stock copper was only available with m-l-h.

Last edited:

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be nice if there are more AA based lights with Nichia since the format yield higher output and runtime. If only there are gold brass AA flashlight outputs a golden 4000k Nichia beam and silver stainless steel AA flaslight outputs a pure white 5000k beam.

ReyLight did a brass AA light with Nichia last year, called the Pineapple, and they will very shortly release a titanium AA light with Nichia, called the Lan. Each light has 4 modes: LL, L, M, H.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I don't know of any aluminum tool with l-m-h. I think a mod is your only option.

The ReyLight version of the ti tool was l-m-h but I've seen no stock versions like that.

Copper, the ReyLight version was l-m-h, brass was only available through massdrop and was l-m-h. The stock copper was only available with m-l-h.
Thanks. No big deal. I'll​ just leave them in the drawer and continue to use my ThruNite Ti3's which are pretty much the same light and have the sequence that I desire.

Latest posts