Streamlight Jr.® Luxeon®

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JohnK said:Only one hour run with 2/AAs ?Doesn't the Arc LS go several hours with the 2/AA pack ?

[/ QUOTE ]Depending on how hard each light is driven. You'll notice that specs. are 30 lumens. Compare MadMax step-up w/2AA, and that's about an hour also (@approx 30 lumen or so......I don't think that the Arc is driven quite that hard.-No free lunches to be had anywhere.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looks great, but I don't find a price. It may be that the price has not been set.
I admit that the 1 hour run time is not impressive.
Jerry

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i actually think this is going to be a beautiful light. i luv the look of the Streamlight Jr. and to have a luxeon in there would be nice..
i'm sure you get more diminished output than just one hour.

LightScene

Enlightened
That's a nice looking light. I hope it's in the $30 range.

Now if they would just put a Lux 3 in there, and drive it at 1 amp....

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
richpalm said:
Hope it's not a greenie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

For $30, I can spare a TWAK for it. I hope this thing's made for throw, though, and doesn't just use an NX-05.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it`s regulated and has a wide short range beam (sorry Neil)...and it might be (regulated) given the 1 hour advertised run time.

Ken

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no!!! The task light crowd is here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I suppose it doesn't matter, though, since it's already cast in stone (or aluminum). Plus, there's always mods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a potentially very useful light. My only reservation is the 1 hour runtime. If it was regulated, I could live with 1 hour at nearly full brightness and then crap light output after the hour. But if its unregulated, that means this light goes from bright to dead in just one hour....not impressive performance IMO.

I'll wait for run time graphs and more detailed reports before buying this light. The size vs output does look nice though.

Raven

Enlightened
If it's regulated, it just became the best pocket light for under 40 bucks period.

Oh wait, didn't I say the same thing about the new UK 4aa eLED?

Why didn't these new models come out before Christmas!

Raven

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Man and I've got a regular SL Jr. here in pieces waiting for a mod too. It's still gonna happen cause I don't think the JR-Luxeon is regulated. If it is, it'll be a deal & I'm up for one.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The listed 1hr+ runtime, 50,000hr LED life, and 30 lumens has me thinking/hoping that it's regulated.
Maybe a new bang-for-the-buck champ?!?

robk

Enlightened
Well, as a 2AA light, it has to have some sort of boost/regulator circuit. Let's hope it has an efficient current regulated driver. Can't understand the runtime, should be longer.
Rob

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short run may mean it's overdriven and that would be great. Nice form factor too. May have to give up on incandescents sooner than I thought.