• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD: Photons Intl/Muyshondt ION's**

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
**SOLD: Photons Intl/Muyshondt ION's**SOLD**

Good day all!

Up for grabs we have 4 different Cr2 ION's, perfect for completing or starting a new collection!
These were Enrique's first creations from a ways back (2005 IIRC) before he was known as Muyshondt, his company was called Photons International.
These were the first lights that utilized the Cree X-Lamp, coupled with a custom aluminum reflector, they provide a nice and floody "wash" of light, providing a beam profile that I have not seen in any other light.
Now, compared to today's standards, these do not put out a lot of light (high is 60 lumens @ 350mA) but its the type of beam that makes these lights unique, perfect for the bedside and using for reading while not disturbing the significant other or for those late night trips to the restroom.
Simple 2-stage twisty. Twist for low, twist more for high.
Designed for primary cells only, rechargeables will work but will put low out of regulation and will only provide the high level. Runtimes are very good with Enrique's excellent and efficient circuit, providing 1.5 hours on high and 25 hours on low!!!

Here are some specs from one of Enrique's original sales threads:
CR2 Cell Based
Type III Hardcoat Anodizing
Fully Sealed w/O-Rings & Custom-made gaskets
Ultra Clear Lens (UCL) for 99% Light Transmittance
Cree Xlamp LED (about 60 Lumens output)
Fully Regulated 2-stage Convertor
Also, the light ends up being 2.1" [53.3mm] long when activated on high mode and 2.2" [55.9mm] long when off and 0.7" [17.8mm] in diameter.
CR2 cell will yield about 1.5 hours worth of runtime on high mode, and some 25 hours on low mode. The convertor is constant current regulated in both the high and the low mode, so you maintain efficient control of the power supply with constant brightness throughout, and none of the problems associated with resistor-forced direct drive.
More info here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...on-Flashlight-%96-News-amp-Updates&highlight=

The 4 that are available here are:
-Blue Swirl (sold)
-Alumibronze (1 of 75 made) (sold)

-HA Natural (sold)
-HA Black (user) (sold)

Here are some pics!
t1Em0lH.jpg

LaQGQu7.png

All but the HA Black are shelf queen mint. I tried to capture the wear marks on the black one as best I could but has typical wear of being a moderate user.
Excellent design that has stood the test of time, which is why I cannot part with my entire collection of ION's!

-Blue Swirl = $350.00 SOLD
-Alumibronze (1 of 75 made) = $300.00 SOLD
-HA Natural = $150.00 SOLD
-HA Black (user) = $90.00 SOLD

-Paypal only please.
-First "I'll take it" in this thread has priority.
-Paypal fees and shipping to CONUS are included in the price.
-Shipping sent Priority with Delivery Confirmation.
-Not interested in trades at this time.

-Thanks for looking!
-Michael.

Attachments

• ION.5.jpg
    ION.5.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Re: **FS: Photons Intl/Muyshondt ION's**

Michael, you are killing me!!! These look fantastic!! I'm trying to thin the herd but the al-bronze is calling to me!!!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Black User is now SPF.
PM sent.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I'll take the blue swirl. Please PM your PP info.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Michael, you are killing me!!! These look fantastic!! I'm trying to thin the herd but the al-bronze is calling to me!!!

I'd be on this but I already have one. Very nice light and I haven't seen one come up in a long time. But I'm missing the blue swirl so can't resist that. :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Surprised there's not more interest in the alumibronze.

Mine isn't original as the emitter was upgraded to an XML emitter and a BiTZ driver by DatiLED before I bought it, which is fine, but in some ways I prefer to have the original.

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surprised there's not more interest in the alumibronze.

Mine isn't original as the emitter was upgraded to an XML emitter and a BiTZ driver by DatiLED before I bought it, which is fine, but in some ways I prefer to have the original.

Was that the one I sold you Steve? I sure do miss it, it was one of my favorite modded Muyshondts.

GLWS luxlunatic! The swirl was one of my sought after lights, as was the aluminum bronze version. All 3 remaining lights are bound to make their purchasers very happy.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Was that the one I sold you Steve? I sure do miss it, it was one of my favorite modded Muyshondts.

GLWS luxlunatic! The swirl was one of my sought after lights, as was the aluminum bronze version. All 3 remaining lights are bound to make their purchasers very happy.

Indeed it was, along with some other great lights like the Draco chrome model.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

PM received. PP sent.

I'm really psyched to get this rare Ion.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Payment received.
Blue Swirl is now sold.

Michael.....I can no longer resist the al-bronze's call... I'll take it! Please pm ur PayPal

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Last edited:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM replied.
The Alumibronze is now SPF.