Who can make this for me- flat threaded discs

moses

Enlightened
Greetings to all,

I assume that this is 'trivial' for those with the right equipment - at least given the level of expertise here with all the amazing creations.

I need some thin discs (about 2mm height and 7/8 inches diameter) with thread on the outside. Can anyone here make this for me? I'd like about 10 and would love a quote.

Hope this is the right forum to post this.

Please PM me if you can help out.

Thanks,
Moses

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
moses,

I suppose that I could crank out a few, but what thread pitch would you need. I guess I could just thread a long piece and then slice to thickness. I could clean one side up by facing it, but the other side would have the finish left by the cut off tool. Also, a sample of what they will be going into would help greatly.

I'm just not sure of how much thread you can get on 2mm of stock. My lathe is only setup for inches and the highest I can do is 52tpi.

Let me know exactly what it is that you need, I may be able to help out.

moses

Enlightened
Chop, thanks for the response. Will PM you shortly. Anyone else who wishes is welcome to respond too.

Blessings,
Moses

moses

Enlightened
Jarhead,

Have not measured it but my guess is that the thread and diameter we need is not standard that we can buy off the shelf. Is this what you mean?

Thanks,
Moses