Replacing my excellent Foursevens QP2A

hmorneau

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I recently lost my Foursevens QP2A that I had for 7 years. I normally never loose anything, so I'm pretty upset. I really loved that flashlight, never had any issue with it even after a lot of beating.

That being said, now want to replace it and I want again to buy a good quality flashlight that I won't need to replace (buy it for life).

I would like to know your recommendation, I have read about the Fenix E20 but it seems an inferior product. I liked with the foursevens that I was able to start the light in a low light mode (convenient at night). The only thing missing was the possibility of putting a red filter on it (for night ops).

Here my requirement:
1. 2X AA battery
2. At least as powerful as the QP2A
3. Being able to start the light in low mode
4. I really liked the 4 or 5 light level the QP2A had
5. Best quality as possible, so I won't need to replace again (hopefully)
6. Compact size

I would simply get a QP2A again, but it's no longer available :(

Any help will be appreciated.

Croquette

Enlightened
As you don't mention price range, I would suggest HDS with 2AA body or a Malkoff MDC 2AA.

Probably a litlle less compact and heavier than the QP2A but those lights are built for your life, your son and your grand son.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
eraursls1984

Had a good idea for the OP if he wants basically the same light back. The 1XCR123 Quark head will fit the 2XAA quark body. Done it myself as the low voltage heads are the same near as I can tell.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Qpa head works same as qp2a, you can still buy spare parts off forsevens, i highly recommend peicing together through their website under accessories:

Qp2l-x head, 2 cr123 body, pro tail switch, deep carry pocket clip. Find else where a keeppower 16650 2500mah or sanyo ur16650zta. This light will end up being shorter than 2xaa, better battery life and brighter.

Last edited:

hmorneau

Newly Enlightened
First, thanks for all your answer.

I forgot to specify that I'm in Canada, so it's a bit more tricky to order parts from here and the shipping cost is much higher.

QP2A is not available on amazon.ca :(

The MDC HA 2AA seem fine, except that the light only has 3 levels. For the HDS I wasn't able to find the AA model. I really want to stick with AA since I have a bunch of them and it's easy to find everywhere.

For the price, I don't really mind as long as it's good.

Thanks

ronniepudding

Enlightened
eraursls1984

Had a good idea for the OP if he wants basically the same light back. The 1XCR123 Quark head will fit the 2XAA quark body. Done it myself as the low voltage heads are the same near as I can tell.

+3

There's a "Quark Turbo, Two AA Body" for $10 on Foursevens clearance page, ... that and the $20 QPLC off ebay is $30 plus shipping. Even if the Canadian shipping is $20, that's not a bad deal. Anyway, that's what I'd do :)

Woods Walker

+3

There's a "Quark Turbo, Two AA Body" for $10 on Foursevens clearance page, ... that and the $20 QPLC off ebay is $30 plus shipping. Even if the Canadian shipping is $20, that's not a bad deal. Anyway, that's what I'd do :)

I just ordered that body right now to omnivore my Quark 1XC123 tactical. Low voltage head makes for a good UL pack omnivore light. 4/7 isn't the most durable compared to Malkoff but found the (older) Quark line to be highly reliable.

hmorneau

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks all. I ordered the Quark turbo two AA body + the one of Ebay. I hope it will be durable like my first 4sevens.

[h=2]Your order was successful. Thank you for shopping with Foursevens.com![/h]

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Cool, hope you're happy with your replacement Quark :)

The Turbo battery tubes are a little beefier than the standard Quark bodies. I like the extra mass ... it's more grippy. I use the Turbo QB2L body with my Quark Pro head and tail, and though it looks different, I prefer it to the stock tube.

Woods Walker

Ok I got the 10 dollar clearance AA2 body to go along with the clearance 1XCR123 Quark Tactical got some weeks ago. Came out better than I expected. Really like the the UI and programming as it's simple.

Lego light is on top and AA2-X on bottom.

hmorneau

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I wanted to give an update. First, I received the light, and it's as expected. Second, nice surprise, I found back my original flash light, I was quite happy. So here a picture of both (new and old).

IMG_1195_zps47mtpqtm.jpg

One question I have, the light are different, the new one is more "pink". Is it because the led is newer? You can see the tint on the picture here:

bddaa0ec-27d7-40e7-ae22-b635223afdde_zpsodsagkuw.jpg