• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:Super Flashlight-2, SOLD!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

Its finally here! Unfortunately only 10pcs of the Super Flashlights were made due to only being able to obtain ten 3 watt LS over achievers in brightness that were hand picked using a light meter out of a 250 pc reel that was labeled as TW0J. Also the reflector did not make it in time so I have replaced it with a 6 degree Fraen optic with optic holder. Eventually the reflector and carrying case will be made and sold separately. The 3 watt LS is driven at 1 amp by a modified DB1000. Price including express shipping in the U.S. is $210.00. If you live outside the U.S. please add an additional $2.50. If you are interested in the SF-2 or have any questions send me a PM. The SF-2 will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Thank you.

ARC mania

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 10pcs of Super Flashlight-2\'s.

This is a super deal. The select TW0J are as bright as the brightest Bin U, but with better color. The Us kind of sucked when it came to tint, so the overacheiver BIN Ts were used in these flashlights. Paired with the DB1000, the combination makes for one bright light with a very nice beam tint.

Halibut

Enlightened

PM sent. ARC and Lambda, thanks for building these lights for us.

-DT

PeterB

Enlightened

Can you post, what kind of color (body) the SF2's have?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

shannow and SDS,

I'm sorry to say that all 10 SF-2's are sold out and another 12pcs will become available within 5 to 10 days.

PeterB,

For the picture check out the original SF thread in the Mods section of CPF. Sorry I don't have access to posting pictures.

ARC mania

shannow

Enlightened

Hi arc mania

Will the next 12 have hand-picked 3 watts as well?
I have PR-T heads with 3watt TVOK and TX1K, will the superflashlight be brighter and throw further than the PR-T heads?

SDS

Newly Enlightened

Arc mania,

Hopefully the reflectors will be available for the next batch, along with the U binned LSIII's.

Lookimg forward a compact combination that will live up to it's name with a tight hotspot and super long throw.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
SDS said:
Arc mania,

Hopefully the reflectors will be available for the next batch, along with the U binned LSIII's.

Lookimg forward a compact combination that will live up to it's name with a tight hotspot and super long throw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on the reflectors, but I think I'd pass on the "U"s for the time being.

[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:
The select TW0J are as bright as the brightest Bin U, but with better color. The Us kind of sucked when it came to tint, so the overacheiver BIN Ts were used in these flashlights.

[/ QUOTE ]

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello shannow,

Yes, with the reflector. Using the 6 degree Fraen optic is in between a flood and spot. Some people prefer a 6 degree optic and some prefer a reflector depending on the purpose of the flashlight.

ARC mania

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Arc Mania...

A truly great light you`ve made. Thank you!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

(BTW...any estimate on when a reflector may become available?)

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Up for sale is one SF-2 with a select bin Lux III bin number TV1J (Which is pure white not yellow, same color tint as the R2H, 1 watt HD, LS which was sold at the Sandwich shop at one time.) with reflector. Price $210.00 includes express shipping to the US. Outside US costs $2.00 more. Anyone interested please PM me.

A bit of good news is that the reflectors have arrive and cost is $6.75 each.

ARC mania

javafool

Enlightened

Hello Mike,

Any word on the carrying case so that it can be ordered at the same time as the reflector? That would save on shipping from your part of the world since I intend to purchase both.

The Fraen optic that came with the first SF-2's has an approximate 6° beam, I believe. How much more narrow is the beam using the reflector and is there much side spill? A narrow beam would be fun to play with but the SF-2 has plenty of punch to carry the wider beam for my type of everyday use.

Thanks,
TerryF

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello javafool,

I'm sorry to say but the company I'm having make the cases keep dragging their feet so it may take a little more time. The day the cases show up, I will post immediately.

ARC mania

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi ARC Mania...

PM`s sent regarding the SF-2 and a couple of refectors.

Thanks!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal sent for the SF-2, a couple of extra reflectors, and an extra Fraen.

Thanks, ARC Mania!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Carpe Diem,

Received and will ship out within 24 hours and get back to you with a tracking number for the express shipping. Thank you.

ARC mania