Zebralight SC53??

DMS1970

Enlightened
So a few days ago, I was looking on Zebralights site, and I saw the sc53 regular and floody versions shown with a May 20something ship date. I did not take time to check out the spec, but today when I went back, the light was no longer shown on the site.

I like my sc52 for compact size. Output is great with li-ion. When it comes to the SC5 I feel it is too large, and would rather carry my sc63. I know it gets higher output on regular AA batteries.

Does anyone one know what the differences are with the sc53?

wolfgaze

Enlightened
FYI - there is an ongoing thread discussion about this model in the Headlamp section....

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm what did it look like? I haven't seen anything about it in their spreadsheet yet but have heard a few rumors they may update it this year.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a new SC5 and H53, but ​I haven't seen a SC53 yet. I've checked their site about every other day since I noticed the H53c and haven't seen a SC53.

cyclesport

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure the light I saw was the SC, not the H

You're not seeing things, yesterday the ZL home page showing "featured products" mistakenly listed the H53c headlamps as SC53's. They apparently have seen the mistake and corrected it.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I would certainly be excited by a SC53 being offered! I have 1st generation SC52 and have been resisting the temptations for the subsequent updates, but this would be difficult to resist.

Flint Hills

Newly Enlightened
I emailed them a while back and there is an SC53 in the works. It will be out after the SC5 mkII and H53. They said it would share a driver with the H53 and have the same specs.

TCY

Enlightened
So the entire AA based SC/H53 line is about high CRI, good tint, small tint variation and the new programmable UI but dropping off boost mode and 14500 support. Personally I like it.