LED Book Lights?

C

ChrisDad

Greetings to all.

<font color="black"> </font> I'm new on the list. At the suggestion of my son Chris, (flashlightlens.com), I'm asking about the availibility of any "Book Lights" using LED technology. The light would be used to illuminate music on a stand, an area approximately 24" wide by 12" high. Any leads would be appreciated.

Regards, Alex

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t have a answer but I would look for one that uses AAA or AA batts if your going to run it for a long time. Button batteries loose it pretty fast.

Ken

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other than the Photon II on my keychain, I avoid lights with button batts. Just don't store enough energy for any extended use IHMO (at least with white LEDs).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
The Yeti said:
It was reviewed at led museum here:
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/wedge.htm

[/ QUOTE ]
The LightWedge works well for handheld books, but probably wouldn't do so well on a music stand, because it's smaller than what's necessary here, and you have to pick up the unit every time you need to turn the page or place a new sheet of music over the previous one.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CandlePowerForums, Alex.

How about a fluorescent instead of an LED? I've heard these are good and have wanted one for a while. I know that some folks here own them. I wonder if they would work for your application.

B000095RB4.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

It looks like it could hang over the top of the stand and be adjusted to your preference. I don't know though. It might be prone to falling off and breaking unless secured in some way. Maybe a thin bungee?

tr08bl.jpg

At this price I may have to go ahead and get one.
Phorm light at Amazon

Radagast

Enlightened
What I like about the quiglight is that it doesn't clip to the book. Are there any led aaa or aa lights that can clipped to a shirtpocket, or maybe where the light is emitted at right angle so it can be worn on a neck lanyard? The booklights I've used never get used long because they interfere in turning pages.

Radagast

Enlightened
I've never been too keen on headlamps. They're usually too much of a spot type beam for up close stuff and then for faraway stuff I constantly trying to position it where I want. For reading in bed or out when it's dark I don't want to have a light strapped on my head. No, I'd like something on a lanyard or that clips to my shirt pocket or collar. The Pelican VB3 LED looks interesting. I wonder what batteries it takes. From the picture at Pocketlights SHOT report its difficult to see how it would clip.