borofloat lens with diffuser film

Status
Not open for further replies.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the borofloat lens with diffuser film sold by flashlightlens.com will fit the arc4 and effectively broaden the hotspot? I'm trying to modify my arc4 to make it a better close range light.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 22.6mm should fit. Don't know how well the diffuser works but let us know if you try. Also, make sure you put an O-ring between the retaining ring (metal) and the borofloat (glass). You want a proper interface between the two.

Radagast

Enlightened
The film works well, I think. I've been using it on the stock lens. I'm waiting for my borofloat lens with the film. I prefer the wider, softer hotspot, especially for up close use like reading. The tiny hotspot is a little annoying for that. I wish I could keep the spill the same, though. With the film it's fuzzier. Still there though. What I would really like is to be able to have the film but somehow unhinge it it when I need more throw. But 99% of my needs are filled with the film.

chumley

Enlightened
I recently ordered 2 LSL-S from Arc. The second one I received had rings in the area surrounding the violet hotspot. I thought about sending it back, but first I tried WriteRite on the lens. Problem solved, the bright violet hotspot was reduced, and the rings were gone. It is a better light for close up work. That is a easy cheap fix without have to take the light apart.

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
Check here for my comment on the Surefire beam spreader. I ultimately decided that it was just too evenly spread and went back to my LSL-P.

I have not tried WriteRite ($$$) but Scotch Magic Tape will diffuse the beam too. I still want some hotspot for throw. Maybe a diffuser disk with a hole in the middle would work. I just can't stand the idea of cutting down on the light output and messing up the LSL's nice beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.