Very cool mini angle light - Manker E02 AAA/XP-G3

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manker E02

DSCN1115.jpg

Declaration & Thanks:
This light was provided by Manker for the purpose of this review

Conclusion Summary:
Lovely mini angle light, with a nice UI and a good beam. Highly useful design.

Info about my reviews and testing:
I like to keep my reviews fairly informal and not overly technical. There are plenty of talented people with fancy measuring devices to offer more technical detail. What I want to do is give an honest appraisal of owning and using this torch, and what a regular punter will make of it.

What's in the box?
You get the ligh, pocket clip, lanyard and spare O-rings.

Exterior Design & Ergonomics:
Fit, finish and feel of the light is good. Anodising is nice, and threads are well cut and lubed from the factory. Very minor blemish where magnet has been press fitted.

The angle head is low profile and makes for a nice grip on the light. There is a good deep carry pocket clip, which can be fitted in both orientations.

The soft press of the electronic switch is good and the tailcap offers a physical lockout.

There is a magnet in the base of the light, this is ideal for placing the light on a vehicle and supports the lights weight without issue.

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

DSCN1113.jpg

DSCN1114.jpg

DSCN1116.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

Beam:
See the YouTube video for more on the light.

Wth 3 main output modes and a nice to use UI, this is a pleasingly nice light to use. The Turbo output is impressive for a AAA light too. The beam profile is ideal for map reading or close up work. But the turbo mode makes it useful outside as well, something that can't be said for many AAA light.

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

E02.gif

Last edited:

geokite

Newly Enlightened
I suspect that this will be available at banggood? While heavier, it does look like a much better interface than the countycomm AAA Al right angle light (not a fan of twistys), less angry light, and non squarish beam.

Steve

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks large enough to be an AA angle light, like the ZL H5x series. Manker has shown they can approach ZL driver performance in just as compact a package. Wonder why this is AAA instead.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
Manker have confirmed that there will be a AA version too.
So the choice will be yours: AAA or AA.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised this light isn't getting more love. I love mine and wish it came with a mini headband as it would make a nice small/backup headlamp. As an AAA flashlight, I think it is one of the more advanced and functional ones to come out.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have to take a look at the E03H when it comes out. It could be a good option for a light to keep in the car if the standby current is minimal, and especially if there is a headband available for it.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised this light isn't getting more love. I love mine and wish it came with a mini headband as it would make a nice small/backup headlamp. As an AAA flashlight, I think it is one of the more advanced and functional ones to come out.

I'm waiting for funds to be available - been tight lately.

I think that I will like carrying this light. I've been hoping that someone would make one for the last year or so.

Witterings

Enlightened
Can these take a 10440 does anyone know and really interested to hear when the AA E03 may be out??

Nev

Banned
I think they can take 10440 ,but only work on one level ( turbo)

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast