16340 Battery Not working in foursevens mini mk II

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a 16340 battery, rechargeable from fenix and it doesn't work at all in my new 47s mini mark II. Any ideas why this might be, I charged it completely. Thanks guys!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find I really have to tighten the head down before mine comes on. I don't see how it will last at this rate with the amount of torque I have to use and it's a pain changing modes. I used a slightly longer battery but then the head doesn't close all the way

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to guess it might be a flat-top vs non-flat-top battery thing, but looking at pics of both the Fenix 16340 and the 47s 16340 that was built specifically for the Mark II (assume it's just an IMR), they both look like they are non-flat-tops. Curious why you didn't pick up the 47s high drain 16340? I don't think I'd run an ICR in that thing.

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
I have since ordered their IMR but I won't get it until late next week at the earliest. The reason I went with the fenix option is because they have a 16340 with a built in micro-USB charger. It is the ARB-L16-700U. I love the convenience of charging your flashlight anywhere.

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
Oh I guess I forgot to mention that I did try tightening the Head as tightly as it would go but the battery still does not function

MattSPL

Enlightened
Battery is probably too long. If the threads are anodised the end of the body probably isn't making contact when screwed on.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the battery is too long I would not tighten down on it as it will apply excessive force on other components.
Battery is probably too long. If the threads are anodised the end of the body probably isn't making contact when screwed on.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix lists the USB rechargeable version as 35.5mm long, maybe the OP would have better luck with the non USB version.

The actual 700mAh(750ish at 100mA draw) capacity is too good to pass up, IMHO.

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
I actually have both, j will have to give the non usb version a try, it is still in the packaging.