New From Maglite

Tribull

Enlightened
[h=1]MAGLITE Announces ML150LR LED Flashlight Rechargeable System with Farthest-Reaching Light Its Ever Introduced | California NewswireONTARIO, Calif. /California Newswire/ — Mag Instrument, Inc., the world leader in flashlight technology, will introduce its most powerful flashlight yet — the rechargeable ML150 LR(TM). Despite its mid-size (C-cell format) dimensions, the ML150LR(TM) generates a stunning 1,000 lumens* and achieves a beam distance of over a quarter-mile. And thanks to multiple power settings and critical efficiency innovations, it can run for up to 75 hours on a single charge of its state-of-the-art Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery.In achieving this performance milestone, Mag Instrument's research and development team started by tackling a long-known problem: An LED light engine must be kept cool to run efficiently, and poor heat dissipation is a serious performance-limiting factor with high-output LEDs. The solution, newly patented by Mag Instrument, is an integral heat-sinking technology that quickly dra ins heat from the LED.[/h]According to Tony Maglica, president and founder of Mag Instrument, "The new MAGLITE(R) ML150LR(TM) is the first flashlight to embody this new heat sink technology, and the performance results are spectacular – a real breakthrough. But still, let's not forget optics. While many flashlight brands tout their high lumen outputs, that doesn't get you very far unless you also have the superior beam-forming optics needed to shape all that light into a versatile, focusable and effective beam that puts the light where the user needs it."
He adds, "A flashlight should be a powerful, manageable, durable, dependable portable light source that is long-lasting. This new flashlight checks all the boxes magnificently."
Other standard features of the ML150LR(TM) include:
• A versatile charging cradle that can be powered from a standard wall outlet or the 12-volt DC electrical system in a vehicle.
• Multiple power settings to control light output and battery burn rate.
• IPX4 water resistance.
• An advanced user interface with five available functions, custom-configurable to suit the individual user's preferences.
Check out the legendary MAGLITE(R) flashlights, known for their unsurpassed quality, performance and durability, including the ML150LR(TM).

Scott

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I've been saying for awhile now that the limiting factor of improving flashlight performance in the future is the ability to handle heat.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
A photo and info from a Dutch site.

ML150LR.png

[FONT=&quot]After some time Maglite has released a new model. The ML150LR is the latest rechargeable flashlight in the midsize segment Maglite. New developments in the LED modules have managed to produce an easy to handle light with a brightness of 1000 lumens. Thanks to this huge output seems ML150LR up to 450 meters. Besides the LED module, the load container is renewed. It is equipped with powerful clamps making is possible to install the charging cradle how it suits you. Set the charging container is placed upside down in your car, the lamp will even on a bumpy road not fall without using the quick-release button. In addition, for the first time Lithium iron phosphate is used for the battery so that optimum protection and performance. It can be charged with both AC and DC connection.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At present, the Maglite ML150LR in order to have the lamp is expected in mid-May available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The ML150LR contains five different positions:[/FONT]

• full Power
  • low power
  • ECO Power
  • Momentary mode
  • Strobe light
[FONT=&quot]Other product:[/FONT]

• Material: Anodized aluminum
  • Size (L): 27 cm
  • Weight: 439 gr
  • Range: 450 m
  • Brightness (Lumen): 1000
  • Colour Black
  • Burning time high: 4 hours
  • Burning hours Low: 30 hours
  • Charging time: 2.5 hours
  • Led: Yes
  • Rechargeable: Yes
  • Battery: LiFePO4 battery
  • Protection: IPX4

Last edited:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
I don't know why Maglite STILL isn't even IPX7 when almost all of the industry is moving to IPX8

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened
Interesting that they are using LiFePO4. I wonder what the actual battery size and specs are going to be and how they are sourcing those.

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
Well well well..

Just as i was about to forget about Maglite altogether, they come up with this.

Looks like it has the traditional feel etc of the MagCharger albeit in a smaller form.

And it also looks as if they've dispensed with the NiMH battery technology, a LONG overdue move
I am definitely interested provided they aren't trying to get 200GBP for it.

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
Well I've just spotted one fly in the ointment, fortunately its nothing to do with the actual torch.

Its the fact we might not actually see it here in the UK for AGES

This happened with both the initial Maglite MagTac rechargeable and also the MagCharger LED...we didn't see the beggars over here for about 12 months as the importer Burton McCall didn't
bother with the initial versions.

As it happens has anybody got any idea of an official release date?

Cheers...

BVH

Flashaholic
I thought this was an April Fools joke just a bit late. WOW, 1000 Blazing Lumens and Patent of a new technology - heat sinking an LED. Same charging cradle they used 20-30 years ago. Gotta say - I'm really impressed.........................

hahoo

Enlightened
I thought this was an April Fools joke just a bit late. WOW, 1000 Blazing Lumens and Patent of a new technology - heat sinking an LED. Same charging cradle they used 20-30 years ago. Gotta say - I'm really impressed.........................
:laughing::laughing:

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
It's sad, 40 years ago they made the best lights available (for an affordable price). Now the majority of other lights are better in ALL respects (including price).
Moral: Don't fall asleep on the watch, always keep improving.

Koam

Newly Enlightened
I just sent back a few lights for the exchange program so was hoping this would be a cool new light. But I think I'll just stick with a few ML300LX with Eneloops (with adaptors) and D cells for my friends.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If the company that ryhmes with val troff or pure tire made it there'd be praise galore. Maglite does it out come the tomatoes.

Lighten up folks. Maglite is Maglite and they always will be.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The specs don't appear all that ground-breaking compared to the Acebeam K70 which has been around for over a year and outputs 2300 lumens at 1300 metres. (As well as being IPX8).

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the company that ryhmes with val troff or pure tire made it there'd be praise galore. Maglite does it out come the tomatoes.

Lighten up folks. Maglite is Maglite and they always will be.

Got to agree with this. As a former outsider, these forums seems to be biased a bit towards those rhymes. Other forums hate all three equally :)

Well, maybe not the 'off, that one is respected, generally speaking.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now the majority of other lights are better in ALL respects (including price).
Except, they are made in China

Years ago, I had this in mind why not a M*gCharger with shorter and slimmer battery barrel for single 26650 or double 26650 and XHP70

M*gCharger's 360 degree charging cradle is awesome.