MR16 LED lamps

Velcro

Enlightened
Does anyone here have any experience with MR16 LED lamps?

Superbrightleds.com sells one which has 24 cool white LED's with a stated output of 16 lumens in either a 15 degree spot or 100 degree flood version. Price is $14.95. What I don't like about this lamp is that the LED's don't have a protective cover because they stick out, and there is a large gap between the two beam angles. I would prefer a 35° to 60° beam angle.

Anyway, what kind of brightness can I expect (per LED, that is)? Would the output be comparable to the 5mm ARC? Brighter, dimmer? They also sell a MR16 lamp with 6 blue 'high output' LED's that is $23.95, but they also have a 12 Blue LED lamp that is only $6.95, so that makes me kind off wonder, especially since the white is cheaper then the 'high output' blue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif (whew, talking about a run-on sentence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The only MR16 LED lamp I've tried is the EnerLEDs model. It uses a 1.2 watt Luxeon Star LED, rather than an array of 5mm LEDs. The light has a 20° beam, and runs from 12 volts AC or DC.
I have a page about it right here if you're interested.

Velcro

Enlightened
Thanks for the link Craig. Actually I'm looking for something cheaper because it's for a DIY project which I don't know will succeed or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif