AAA Turquois...where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I now have my ARC LS and AA that I really enjoy.I was thinking of the AAA premium as my next purchase however I also like the looks of the turquois beam.I may get both but notice ARC does not make the turquois anymore.Any sugestions on where to buy or even if this is an available item anymore?I checked a few places on line and not any of the more popular dealers have them.
Thanks

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

seem to have the turquoise in stock right now. Not only do they help support CPF, they have excellent service & very reasonable shipping charges (they use USPS Priority & charge actual cost only).
Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robocop

Thanks for the link and I will try to look into this later tonight.I have read that this color seems to be the actual brightest of the AAAs and think it just looks pretty neat.
I already have the AA in white and thought this would be a good addition to my collection.
Any certain pros or cons to getting the turquois model?
I read that many like it and some do not but have actually seen very few beamshots on a search.

Robocop

If these have not been made for some time what version is available.I ordered mine from PocketLights last night.
Is this turquois model going to be the newer improved version?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The only beamshot I have of a turquoise Arc AAA is:

arcaaa-4.jpg

The actual light is slightly bluer than this picture made it appear. Estimated dominant wavelength (where you would point to on a color chart) is 507nm-509nm. This is known as "traffic signal green" (505nm-520nm) to those in the know.

It also has a wider viewing angle (35° to 45°) than is usually found in LED flashlights.

I don't have an intensity measurement on it (yet), so please don't ask...but before I come off like an {vulgar term for anus}hole, let me go grab my light meter, a new AAA cell, assemble an Arc AAA turquoise, and see what it says...BRB...

Measures 13,800mcd with a Meterman LM631 light meter.
As always, wider viewing angles always mean lower mcd readings.
I received this turquoise head from an offer on B/S/T~Lights, and it may not be a prime example.
Your results may vary.

Psychomodo

Enlightened
Just placed my order today. Wonder what a turquoise beam looks like in real life? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

jpeg

Enlightened
I got one thanks to telephony. When it arrived my wife confiscated it for her keychain because it was "pretty."
A small price to pay for spousal approval of my habit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All I can say is it is subjectively MUCH brighter than my white one...

It looks exactly like the color of a green LED traffic light... Apparently it's the same LED...
It's great for walking at night...
(But not so good for telling the green wire with the red stripe from the white wire with the black stripe...)

Robocop

Telephony thanks for the pics and advice.I have a green Photon that I like but I hope the turquois is a little different.I decided on the AAA turquois as I was having trouble finding the AAA premium in white anywhere.
At least this way I can have a AAA ARC even if it is not the white LED.It does look bright in the photos.
Just for quriousity sake can I replace the LED in the turquois model with a premium white one if I decide I do not like it?
I did not find much on a search as far as this goes.
I actually would like to probably keep the turquois and wait for the AAA premium to become available,
Is the turquois model I ordered the black body with writing on the head?Just wondering as the turquois lights must be old stock as they have not been made for some time.

Robocop

I just realized the AAA premium is now available again at ARCs website.I guess I will have to break down and order one of them also.There it is settled I now do not have to decide between the two...hehe.I learned from all here that it is better to buy both and enjoy.

jpeg

Enlightened
I just got back from tad gear and they have about 25 or so turquoise AAA's (natural, not black) in stock. Don't know if it shows on their website( http://www.tadgear.com ), but if you call them, I'm sure they'll sell you one...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Arc AAA turquoise is one of my all time favorite lights. People are always amazed at the output of the little thing. Be forewarned however that the lack of phosphor coating in the led causes rings in the beam but they are not all that bad.

Tad

Robocop

Well I ordered my AAA premium today and now will have both.I hope the premium is as good as the AA but any flashaholic needs an ARC AAA anyway.This will make a total of 4 ARC products for me and I am so far pleased with them all.
I dont mind the rings in the beam of the turquois and just wanted it so I could actually see for myself what all the fuss is about and just how bright this color appears.
Also because it is not made anymore is another reason for the turquois purchase.
I will keep everyone posted on my results as the first thing I plan to do is compare the 2 beams when they arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.