Klarus        
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

  1. #1

    Default Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    Anyone know how many lumen increase
    from Xhp70 P2 to Xhp70.2 P2?

  2. #2
    Flashaholic Bruno28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    From what I saw in Cree website. It was about 200lm extra. But don't quote me on it exactly.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    P2 is an output bin. It's the same regardless of the emitter type. However, it's only available in the XHP70.2. The older version tops out at N4.

    XHP70 datasheet:
    http://www.cree.com/led-components/m...s/ds-XHP70.pdf

    XHP70.2 datasheet:
    http://www.cree.com/led-components/m...s-XHP702_1.pdf

    From those, using the Easywhite 5000K 70 CRI data at 1050mA and 12V, the best XHP70 bin output is 1710 lumens (N4), versus 1830 lumens for the XHP70.2 (P2), so an extra 120 lumens or 7% output gain.

    Because the latter also claims slightly less efficiency loss at the maximum 2400mA current, the outputs there should be about 3250 lumens and 3550 lumens. That's an extra 300 lumens or 9% gain.

    Cree is also claiming a pretty significant reduction in forward voltage for the newer emitter - about 7% at max current. If true, then that combined with the increased output in that new bin means as much as a 17% improvement in efficacy for the best of the 70.2 line.

  4. #4
    Flashaholic* MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,028

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    The 70.2 responds to modding much better than the old 70.
    @vinhnguyen54 has pushed 25,000 ANSI lumens from 4 XHP70.2 in an Acebeam X45vn.
    Here's mine....

  5. #5

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    The 70.2 responds to modding much better than the old 70.
    @vinhnguyen54 has pushed 25,000 ANSI lumens from 4 XHP70.2 in an Acebeam X45vn.
    Here's mine....
    But this X45vn is new driver with XHP70.2, not the stock driver..

  6. #6
    Flashaholic* MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,028

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahze View Post
    But this X45vn is new driver with XHP70.2, not the stock driver..
    Yes, everything is modded.
    I posted this to show what the 70.2 is capable of.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    P2 is an output bin. It's the same regardless of the emitter type. However, it's only available in the XHP70.2. The older version tops out at N4.

    XHP70 datasheet:
    http://www.cree.com/led-components/m...s/ds-XHP70.pdf

    XHP70.2 datasheet:
    http://www.cree.com/led-components/m...s-XHP702_1.pdf

    From those, using the Easywhite 5000K 70 CRI data at 1050mA and 12V, the best XHP70 bin output is 1710 lumens (N4), versus 1830 lumens for the XHP70.2 (P2), so an extra 120 lumens or 7% output gain.

    Because the latter also claims slightly less efficiency loss at the maximum 2400mA current, the outputs there should be about 3250 lumens and 3550 lumens. That's an extra 300 lumens or 9% gain.

    Cree is also claiming a pretty significant reduction in forward voltage for the newer emitter - about 7% at max current. If true, then that combined with the increased output in that new bin means as much as a 17% improvement in efficacy for the best of the 70.2 line.
    I have read this datasheets of xhp70 P2 bin and xhp70.2
    P2 bin, They are same output "1830 lumen"...
    but Xhp70.2 has p4 bin, 1965 lumen 7% gain.
    is its correct?
    sorry for my bad english

  8. #8

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahze View Post
    I have read this datasheets of xhp70 P2 bin and xhp70.2
    P2 bin, They are same output "1830 lumen"...
    but Xhp70.2 has p4 bin, 1965 lumen 7% gain.
    is its correct?
    sorry for my bad english
    Correct.

    Also, I apologize because I missed the tables (page 15 for XHP70 and 13 for XHP70.2) listing the bins. I was looking at different tables and saw one less bin for each, but the 7% gain is correct.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    ??? My Eagletac MX30L3-r with a single N4 xhp70 is pushing 3893 ANSI lumens.

    Vinh has noticed the xhp50.2 can be driven much harder while creating much less heat vs the xhp50. Hopefully the 70.2 also results in less heat. I'm kinda interested in seing what a 70.2 might be like in my MX30L3-r (lumens and beam pattern)

  10. #10

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    1710 lumens is at 1050 mA, while the LED is rated for a max of 2400 mA.

    But it's max rating isn't necessarily the maximum it can take. It's the maximum Cree provides data for. Not having the ability to test them myself, I can't explore the limits like Eagletac might be able to.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    I suspect the more significant improvement to be found with the XHP70.2 is a reduction in donut holes in the middle of the hotspots since the phosphors appear to have smaller gaps between them.

  12. #12
    Flashaholic* MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,028

    Default Re: Xhp70 vs Xhp70.2

    Smaller donut is one of the benefits. There is some question of colors in the beam.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •